Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Brakes, Again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Spdfrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes, Again...

I just installed the dual disc settup and it seems that its only stopping the front wheels, is this normal? When I lock them up, it wants to do serious front flips.... Can I add another settup to the rear?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Brakes, Again...

ORIGINAL: Spdfrk

I just installed the dual disc settup and it seems that its only stopping the front wheels, is this normal? When I lock them up, it wants to do serious front flips.... Can I add another settup to the rear?
It will stop all 4 tires (stops the output shaft to the REAR) but it's stopping the tranny from working and that will stop all 4 tires unless something is not right.

Pick it up off the ground while not running and test the brakes.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 PM
gizmodo

EDIT: I guess I type too slowly. The weight of the truck shifts to the front under braking, which is why it wants to flip, it has nothing to do with the rear tires not being slowed. The brakes are actually on the rear driveshaft, so all of your tires should be getting brakes. I don't really see any possible way for only the front to get slowed down.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Spdfrk

Makes sense, Ill check it out tonight and reprt back... Thanks!