Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Picco P3 turbo head

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
RCCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco P3 turbo head

anybody using this in a Savage? looking for feedback...Does it bolt right in? do I need to buy a pipe.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
karl thomas

Default RE: Picco P3 turbo head

im useing a picco p3-28 that fits perfitcly if that helps
Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM
BudBud

The Turbo head is different than the P3 we run in the Savage. It is a bump start only, I can not figure out a way to bump start my Savage, or I would have tried one. There is a huge difference between the two, the Turbo head or Truggy version turns a lot easier at high rpm. I think that besides the obvious head difference, there must be a huge timing difference as well. The look the same and they have mostly similar parts, but I think they are two different beasts. I thought about trying to convert one to pull or roto-start, but I am not sure the final product is what we want in our Savages anyway. BB
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM
BudBud

I should have added that it will bolt right in, just getting it started would be the first issue. BB