Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HB tuned pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 AM
monster_25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB tuned pipe

I just got a hot bodies tuned pipe for super cheap and it has no header. Heres the problem I cant even find a part number for the header. Do you guy know the part number or a header that will work? Is this pipe even worth the trouble? Thanks any help would be great
Old 03-27-2008, 04:12 AM
BudBud

Default RE: HB tuned pipe

RC Hub Sells [link=http://rchub.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rchub&Product_Code=E08SA&Category_Code=]a nice header[/link] that will fit your Savage and pipe. I did not have very good luck with the HB pipe, the stinger is huge and does not give very good fuel pressure, but I tried running an STS 30 and Picco on it. The pressure was too low to start my Picco. I could prime it, fire it, but not run it. I backed the needle out over twice the stock settings before it would even run, then it would starve at rpm. My pipe was new and may have been bad. The Hpi pipe was a little better, they look the same other than the way the Manifold attaches... BB
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
BANKRUPTER

Its a good pipe on the Axial spec1! but I dont have any header info on hand right now. Ill try to find it if you havent already.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
mortimersnerd

I run it on my Savage X with the stock F4.1 and love it. It's been a great pipe. I just used the stock header with no problems.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Knightfall

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

Its a good pipe on the Axial spec1! but I dont have any header info on hand right now. Ill try to find it if you havent already.
I'll back up this statement. I maybe newer to the scene, but I know improvement in an engine when I see it.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
BudBud

We must be talking about two different pipes, the stock header will not work on this pipe. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGFR8&P=7]Hot Bodies[/link] chrome pipe and it was okay with my Axial 28 or 32, it was worthless on a Picco. BB
Old 03-27-2008, 03:15 PM
monster_25

Thanks BudBud I found the header but out of stock so cant order. I do have the k4.6 would this be the right pipe for it? This is the first time I bougt a tuned pipe so really I do even know what to look for. Thanks for the help everyone
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 PM
BudBud

[link=http://rchub.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rchub&Product_Code=E08SA-CH&Category_Code=]They have the same header in[/link] hard anodized. Go-to is the one that directed me to these people, they are more than cooperative. I think they have the headers in stock, but not the pipe. That number that shows up in their cart is for the combination. They are quick, just drop them a note and tell them what you need and they are very good about communicating. If I were buying, I would look for a Dynamite 053. Go-to showed me [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350033208300&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022]this one[/link] and that is what I bought. The fuel nipple is not at 90 degrees to the stinger, so you do not wind up with the fuel nipple catching the chassis. Most of the better power pipes were designed for buggies or truggies with the exhaust on the other side. I also have the STS 0702 pipe and it works good, it has the fuel nipple on top, which is great for the Savage... BB

edit... I should have added that the Axial 28 and the K 4.6 are the same engine. The 053 has been reported to do wonders for the Axial, so it should do wonders for the K. I do not run the Hpi engines on my Savages anymore, they are all Picco or Axial 32 now. I do run the K 4.6 on my Tower Terrors, but have been using the Terror pipe.