Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Atomic R/C rear hub carrier

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atomic R/C rear hub carrier

I bought these tonight and surprise surprise they don't come with the lower e-clip hinge pins.

Anybody happen to know what the length is? It's gonne be the same as the Integy pieces. I may even have the name wrong, but I think it's right.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
BANKRUPTER

Default RE: Atomic R/C rear hub carrier

It would be the same as stock lenth Id ass/u/me. The lenth is to fit the a arm not the carrier. I don't know if thats the name but I know what you mean and thats they are so... Ill put the callipers on mine 1 sec here... I got 2.120in 2.12 inch = 53.848 millimeter. idk if this helps but I tryed.. that is the twin E-clip type not the stock single..
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 AM
go-to

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

It would be the same as stock lenth Id ass/u/me. The lenth is to fit the a arm not the carrier. I don't know if thats the name but I know what you mean and thats they are so... Ill put the callipers on mine 1 sec here... I got 2.120in 2.12 inch = 53.848 millimeter. idk if this helps but I tryed.. that is the twin E-clip type not the stock single..
Stock length on both my X SS and S-25 is about 60mm. What I need is about 50mm...you're close enough and quite helpful thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
go-to

Well I''m disappointed.

The lower hinge pin fit is very sloppy. The spacers they send with the kit isn't wide enough to take up all the slack. So now I''m left having to find washers that will fit in there and take up the slack.

That *and* the fact that the stock Savage hinge pins are around 60mm and the needed length is 50mm (but doesn''t come with the kit).

I''ll post back after I get the washers in and the hinge pin problem worked out.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:44 PM
go-to

Well I decided to trim my stock Savage hinge pins and fit it all in myself. Integy never replied to me at my request to buy just the hinge pins from their kit...

I cut the hinge pin to length and then used a Dremel and thin cut-off wheel to cut the e-clip groove. That worked like a champ and all fits well.

I can't say it was worth the effort yet, but I imagine it will be worth it when I install the LST2 shock upgrade and the stock toe adjustment (turnbuckle) is no longer there and in the way!

Pictures later.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:02 PM
go-to

Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
dhyde79

looks sharp, what's the main point of this? (other than to get rid of the rear tie-rods) or is that pretty much it?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 AM
go-to

ORIGINAL: dhyde79

looks sharp, what's the main point of this? (other than to get rid of the rear tie-rods) or is that pretty much it?
Some will say weight (which doesn't matter to me), and definitely it has to do with getting the tie-rods out of the way for the LST2 shock install.

Also, it's a lot more *slop-free* if that makes sense to you.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
dhyde79

yep, makes perfect sense to me, how much did they run? (may look at some of these for my stretch job)
Old 04-26-2008, 01:32 PM
go-to

yep, makes perfect sense to me, how much did they run? (may look at some of these for my stretch job)
$22 without shipping, but you'll need hinge pins since they aren't included. [:'(]
Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
dhyde79

aside from the LST2 shock mod, do they make THAT much of a difference? (I don't know that I plan to change to the LST2 shocks, maybe the Savvy big bore ones if I can still run 2 per corner....
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
go-to

aside from the LST2 shock mod, do they make THAT much of a difference? (I don't know that I plan to change to the LST2 shocks, maybe the Savvy big bore ones if I can still run 2 per corner....
It all depends on what you want to do. I'm tired of the turnbuckles being in the way so I just eliminated them...at the same time I installed a nicer piece of aluminum that's sturdier and much less sloppy.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
dhyde79

well, I suppose it'd be one less thing to break and end my bashing I guess, since the stupid upright assembly is what I always trash when bashing.....