Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

3 Speed for the X

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Hordsak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Speed for the X

What is the exact part number for the fully assembled 3 speed transmission for the Savage X? Also, is it true you have to take the gears out of the transmission to adjust the 1-2 shift in the 3 speed, because it's no longer accessible through the hole on the side of the case? Is it usually set pretty decent from factory?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
shanty140

Default RE: 3 Speed for the X

Here is the part number:

I do believe that yes you would have to take apart the transmission to adjust the shift point. (forget if it's 1-2 or 2-3)

I have always had pretty good luck with the shift point where they are at from the factory. They are using in the ball park of where they should be.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
bionictony

Default RE: 3 Speed for the X

87218 has the old savage casing.

87257 is the assembled 3 speed transmission in the savage x casing. shifting from 2-3 is adjustible outside. you have to take out just 3 screws to adjust 1-2 shifting