Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage extended chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:40 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage extended chassis?

Where is a good palce to get an extended chassis kit with drive shaft. I dont want to pay an arm and a legg but I dont want something cheap. Anyone running extended chassis? If so can you post some pics. I see teh extended tvp all over ebay. Is there ones I should stay away from. What is teh length that everyone usually goes with. I think only 1.5 inches max. What about the XL chassis?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Sparco

Default RE: Savage extended chassis?

the hpi xl extended or flm chassis are best-ill get a link for the flm ones in a sec
Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Sparco

http://www.smfstore.com/product_info...roducts_id=861

and smf has excellent service and fast shipping
Old 05-27-2008, 06:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLM and Innovative-RC are probably the top brands in EXT chassis. Even though I don't own any EXT chassis', I wish I could have given up the extra $15 or so for the Innovative ones, they look so cool! My FLM's give me headaches with gearing, the maximum I can run is 18/47 which limits my top end, and they are so thick that all the screws rattle out. Every time I make any adjustment, I need to threadlock any screw, even the ones that screw into plastic.. 3 weeks ago, I drove for a tank and a half, and I did a fuel check and noticed my engine was vibrating at least 5mm in every direction[:@] Very lucky it didn't chew up the spur, but you get the point. Tom.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Midget

so far i haven't had any problems with my FLM, I got the extended chassis, extended arms and shock towers.
I got extended drive shaft with the chassis and i got extended drive shafts with the arms.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:49 PM
twomanytoys

No problems with the screws fitting and how did you mount the wing? Does FLM come as a kit with tvp and shaft? What about engine plate?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
drivefastgto

I also have the FLM chassis set (40mm extended LCG) and I love it...no loose screws for me besides the couple that I had forgotten to Loctite, LOL. They are the thickest TVPs made, have lots of mounting holes, and they have a lifetime warranty. LOL you can't really blame a chunk of aluminum for screws coming loose!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Parputt537

My personal choice would be Innovative RC. I bought a set from FLM and had to send them back because the machining was wrong and none of the holes lined up. The Innovative bolted right up and are a little beefier than the FLM. Although Innovative is in the UK you can expect delivery in 12-14 days.

I will also add that FLM customer support sucks. I tried to contact them about my situation on several occasions and only received a response after returning them to Slap Ma Fro. I asked Innovative several questions before purchase and always received an email answer the next day. To me that means a ton.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:45 PM
drivefastgto

ORIGINAL: Parputt537

My personal choice would be Innovative RC. I bought a set from FLM and had to send them back because the machining was wrong and none of the holes lined up. The Innovative bolted right up and are a little beefier than the FLM. Although Innovative is in the UK you can expect delivery in 12-14 days.

I will also add that FLM customer support sucks. I tried to contact them about my situation on several occasions and only received a response after returning them to Slap Ma Fro. I asked Innovative several questions before purchase and always received an email answer the next day. To me that means a ton.

Sorry to hear the FLM's didnt work for you...They must have totally changed their product recently, because my screw holes lined right up, and their chassis plates are 4.7mm, vs. up to 4mm for the IRCs. I'm not saying they're any better than the IRCs, but rather keeping tha facts straight.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
takenotes Bch

I have the FLMs and love them, my Savage X looks bad ass with them. I would not trade them for anything, they are the best mod I have done so far. I have had no problems with there customer service, I had tons of questions before I bought them Emailed them mutiple times they always got back to me in less then 24 hours. [link=http://www.addicted2rc.com/Savage_package_deals.html]FLM packages[/link]
Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their costumer service is ok, I emailed them after a few holes didn't line up, and to ask about the gearing problem and they got back to me in a couple of days. I don't mind the loctite thing, but I'm peeved that I can use my 19T vented CB[&o]
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Midget

One thing that i do recomend with those FLM chassis is use Washers on every
single bolt/screw that go's on the chassis, because i haven't for some of my
bolts/screws and they have "Eaten" into the mettle. I now have carbon fiber
washers on all the bolts/screws.
I also recommend buying a screw-set of eBay or something.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
mbxrb75
My Feedback: (7)

This is the best place to get FLM parts,He has the best prices and great service
http://www.addicted2rc.com/
Old 05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: mbxrb75

This is the best place to get FLM parts,He has the best prices and great service
http://www.addicted2rc.com/
Thanks mbxrb
I ordered a set of 1.6" extended tvp from addicted2rc. Cant wait. I will post pics once installed.