Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 25, Savage 21, Savage X

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Pontiac K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25, Savage 21, Savage X

I'm considering getting one used. Is the X that much better than the 25 for a beginner to nitro? I'd like big jumps, wheelies (some), some pretty good speed and not too much carnage. Thanks

Pontiac K
Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Muggy250r

Default RE: Savage 25, Savage 21, Savage X

savy 25 is good, 21 had diff problems... remember u get what u pay for... i would go wit a X
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Pontiac K

Okay, the 21 is out of the picture. I understand that most X's will be newer or less used. The 25's don't have any major problems, right? The X does have easier access diffs and transmission. It is a better truck, but for less would the 25 be worth it if it was in good condition? Thanks

Pontiac K
Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Pontiac K

Okay, the 21 is out of the picture. I understand that most X's will be newer or less used. The 25's don't have any major problems, right? The X does have easier access diffs and transmission. It is a better truck, but for less would the 25 be worth it if it was in good condition? Thanks

Pontiac K
You gotta see that thing with your own eyes to get a *real* picture. I had a deal go sour because the truck looked great in all the pictures but was crap when I got it in real life.

The S-25 is a great truck if it's in good shape. I'd only upgrade to X SS alloy 4-gear diff's as already mentioned.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
BudBud

I am kind of off topic here, but what Pontiac are you using for an avatar?

I have three 25s and the do super. I have just been replacing the differentials as they break. Generally about 25 dollars each, complete. I can manage that....
Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Pontiac K

go-to, thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely do that.

Pontiac K
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 PM
nofords

i bought my 25 used at a HS on a whim. It was a trade in when someone bought an X. got it for $100 off new. Don't regret buying it. Bud has an X and there isn't a whole lot of differences. Not enough to purposely go buy one (esp. used).
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Pontiac K

I think I'm going to look for a 25, but if there is a good cheap enough X I'd look at that too. Thanks for the help.

Pontiac K
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
zachanafien

hey guys! I know i don't have a pic, but i am looking to sell my hpi savage 25. it is basically all stock, but it has two beadlock rims, and a upgraded high flow airfilter. The truck is in great shape. I originally bought it from a guy on ebay who barely ran it. The engine still has plenty of compression and power. It also comes with a venom smart temp and a Futaba magnum 3pm-fm radio, it is a great radio. It has a digital monitor on it. It also has a upgraded Futaba throttle/brake servo. The reason i am selling it is because i don't drive it anymore and i need the money. I am asking for $350. obo. you can contact me through this forum or you can send a message. and it comes with a rotostart wand and backplate (already installed).

Thanks!
zack
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
zachanafien

hey guys! I know i don't have a pic, but i am looking to sell my hpi savage 25. it is basically all stock, but it has two beadlock rims, and a upgraded high flow airfilter. The truck is in great shape. I originally bought it from a guy on ebay who barely ran it. The engine still has plenty of compression and power. It also comes with a venom smart temp and a Futaba magnum 3pm-fm radio, it is a great radio. It has a digital monitor on it. It also has a upgraded Futaba throttle/brake servo. The reason i am selling it is because i don't drive it anymore and i need the money. I am asking for $350. obo. you can contact me through this forum or you can send a message. and it comes with a rotostart wand and backplate (already installed).

Thanks!
zack
Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
BudBud

Zach, this is at least the third thread you have posted this in. They have a for sale forum, besides, those trucks seldom bring 200 on Ebay.