Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Check it out

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 PM
xXxCellARatOr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check it out

Today i was looking at my savage and thought about something. I have the Savage X 4.6 RTR which i bought in July or August of 2007. Just a week after it was released. What i noticed was that I have the Savage XL carriers. I always thought that the X 4.6 had the same carriers as the new XL, but then i went on the website and noticed that it actually comes with the old ones. So im wondering, whats happening here? Did anyone else get them with their Savage X? What do u guys think? Here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26390.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	976587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70116.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	976588  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 PM
drivefastgto

Default RE: Check it out

Every production XL I have ever seen, whether in person or pictures of other people's, has the same carriers you (and I) have. I also got my X4.6 RTR last July.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:01 PM
xXxCellARatOr

Yes, i know every XL has those carriers, they are suppose to be XL carriers. But on the other hand the X 4.6 is suppose to have the old style carriers, not the XL ones. And if u look on the HPI website (http://hpiracing.com/kitinfo/867/) ull see that in every picture its the old style carriers. And even in the manual, they show the old style carriers and the part number is for the old style.

Ive never broken an upright, but i just realized, if i had, i couldnt have bought the X 4.6 uprights from a hobby store. I dont think they sold those uprights until the XL ones came out. Thats what im confused about.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 PM
drivefastgto

HPI's pics are incorrect AFAIK...They used to show (and mention) the new carriers on the X4.6, but they changed the site for some reason.

Also, you'll notice that The X and the XL have the same part number (#85048) for the uprights...that should tell you right there.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:34 PM
BudBud

They have XLs on their site with the old style uprights! [8D] Of course, I am sure they have 1000s of each floating around. BB

Old 06-23-2008, 12:37 AM
xXxCellARatOr

Hah, ur right, i just noticed that now. I never looked at the XL page, but now that u pointed it out, in all the pictures they have the old style uprights with the exception of the picture where they actually say "New tougher uprights". STUPID HPI! (at least the guy who they had to do their webpages. lol

so is there a part number for the new uprights?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:17 AM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they're the same hpi#.just being updated.
as the old get used up you should see the newer one in the lhs.