Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Pipe for my LRP driven Savvy

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe for my LRP driven Savvy

I took it out with the 053 back on and ran a couple of quarts through. It is getting considerably stronger, enough that my son made the comment... "Man that thing screams" as he was driving it. We were in a pretty loose sand lot with a lot of gravel, traction was not the best, but it was fun spinning donuts and making long dust trails. He was chasing pigeons, is that animal cruelty? I will leave the 053 on for a few more trips. I also switched from Trinity 35 to Byron's Gen 2 30 percent fuel and it seems to do better on that as well. I ran out of Trinity quarts and my gallons have not arrived. BB
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 PM
rustlerbasher

ORIGINAL: BudBud

He was chasing pigeons, is that animal cruelty?
Pidgeons are not animals... they are flying rodents. I say chase them as much as possible. Brownie points if you actually hit one, and a new badge if you hit one in mid air off a jump.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:49 AM
rcbeep73

I have the Associated LRP Z.28R Spec 3 in my savage with the ribbed pipe. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFKM5&P=7.
about a month ago i had broken in my lrp and i was a pain to keep running while breaking it in. after break in and tuning for performance i was not that impressed with it. i am running 47 steel spur and 17th bell. it was still a big improvement over the star .25 i was running. it did the whole wheely thing but i thought it would be faster. but this weekend i was running it and something happend. i don't know what but out of no whare it was like i war running 40% nitro it just woke up. in 2nd gear it would pull the front wheels up and keep it up. the power and speed was so crazy, the fastest thing i had ever driven. the 8.0 mgt and the savage xl could not even keep up. it was night and day. don't know what happend everything is still the same and my temps where at 240. but after reading your posts i do have over a gallon with break in threw the engine so maybe that's the ticket with this engine. I don't know but i am liking it. sorry for the long story but i think the ribbed pipe is good to use. i don't own a lot of performance pipes but i wouild be suprized if another pipe would make it any faster or have more power.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just curious, how is the 086 on the LRP?? You hear how great it's supposed to be on every other engine, but I've never heard of anyone running it with the LRP.. Here's my latest test run vid of my Muggy with the LRP and JP-2.. I have an 086 sitting here though, as well as an STS something or other pipe(it's really long..)

http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...30591962&hl=de

If anything, it seems a bit lacking on the low end.., which it shouldn't, cuz it's got a 12T bell..
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: BrandonFox28

I'm most likely gonna go JP-3 or JP-4. Not sure yet. RCHub.com is out of stock on the Tsais header needed for the Jammin pipes, though so that might take a while. My dad's STS still runs really hot and gets stomped by my LRP. Getting rid of the ribbed and my dad wants to get rid of his STS for the new K5.9.
The Picco P3 will outrun the K5.9 in about any power comparison you want to make and do it for less money. The 5.9 is an impressive engine and he would probably be happy with it. BB
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
BrandonFox28

Actually, BB, we ditched the LRP and STS motors and are back running stock. I'm much happier with the trusty F4.6. No problems at all plus we just got two of the "new" T-Maxx 3.3's to complement are Savages. My days with the LRP are long gone.