Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.
View Poll Results: A poll
engine roll bar
76.92%
no engine roll bar
23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Engine Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Mud
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Roll Bar

Just wondering if you guys really think the plastic engine roll bar doeas anything. I have mine on my truck and I'm thinking about just taking it off since my cooling head gets bent up even with it on there and it just seems to get in the way.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 AM
drivefastgto

Default RE: Engine Roll Bar

LOL I guess it depends on whether you want to keep thrashing your cooling head/motor/motor plate/etc.

The Savage X head protector helps a lot, especially if you shim the back of it up a bit...raising the body mounts also helps, both in conjunction with the roll bar of course. Unless weight is a MAJOR concern or you want the body to sit super-low, I say keep the bar!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:22 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run with the body on and chances are pretty good that you won't hurt the head any. The guys with all the "road rash" on their heads are the ones who run without a body. Everytime I have scraped my head, it has been when I had the body off.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:36 AM
BudBud

I just let it grind away.... I figure the more weight I take off the top; the less likely it is to roll next time. 8)

None of mine have the engine bar...but mine are all old or too long. I I like Gravediggers Blazer. Now if I can find out where he parks it at night......
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 AM
black mamba

I got it hanging up in the garage. I'm running my HPI 56 F100 body right now.[8D]
Old 07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Muggy250r

ORIGINAL: drivefastgto

LOL I guess it depends on whether you want to keep thrashing your cooling head/motor/motor plate/etc.

The Savage X head protector helps a lot, especially if you shim the back of it up a bit...raising the body mounts also helps, both in conjunction with the roll bar of course. Unless weight is a MAJOR concern or you want the body to sit super-low, I say keep the bar!
i keep my body as low as it will go... i hate the look of the truck with the body up high... idk it just annoys me... i use the roll bar and it has saved me a few times... i just cut my bodies so i can run them low with the roll bar... take a look

BEATER BODY:

STREET BODY:

STOCK:
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
SportsFans

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Run with the body on and chances are pretty good that you won't hurt the head any. The guys with all the "road rash" on their heads are the ones who run without a body. Everytime I have scraped my head, it has been when I had the body off.
Ya what he said. Plus I run the plastic engine protector with 2 spacers. though in this pix there is only 1 spacer. Now I'm running with 2 spacers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54391.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	986464   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12670.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	986465  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ohh thats what those things are for, thanks for that, the spacer that is, and i too run my body as low as i can or close to it i don't like it jacked up it looks out of preportion, but my roll bar has saved my body just due to the proximity, now the screw that holds together my roll bar is bent...

rclugnut10
Old 07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Muggy250r

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

ohh thats what those things are for, thanks for that, the spacer that is, and i too run my body as low as i can or close to it i don't like it jacked up it looks out of preportion, but my roll bar has saved my body just due to the proximity, now the screw that holds together my roll bar is bent...

rclugnut10

haha how did u manage to do that?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 AM
black mamba

Is that big rig pink?[&:]
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Muggy250r

no... its susposed to be candy red, but since i backed it with white it came out lighter than i thought... in perosn it looks like an orange... check out some of my videos and u will see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJuudZg4IM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYV7MKwK7dU