Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Braided fuel line...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
dadirtsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braided fuel line...

I would like to buy some braided fuel line because i need some new line and it looks nice. Does it effect fuel flow at all? i understand you cant see if the gas is going thru the tube. but is there any other problems with that?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Sparco

Default RE: Braided fuel line...

You mean metal braided? The fuel line goes inside of it , honestly, its a waste of money.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
dadirtsavage

ORIGINAL: got_nitro632

You mean metal braided? The fuel line goes inside of it , honestly, its a waste of money.
yeah metal. but damn no sense get metal braided if the fuel line goes inside. might as well get alluminum line.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Sparco

If your going to get any flashy fuel line stuff, i'd go with the braided (just normal fuel lines are the best) not sure about alum fuel line but it might not fit on as tightly on the fuel nipples as normal line, and it will get in the way(you'd have to bend it a lot)
Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
mojavemonster

I'm also going to run braided. Sullivan.Com has clear fuel filters called crap traps. I will put one just before the engine so I can see the fuel. I've seen braid a few places but cant remember where. Anyone got any links?

Ya regular line maybe better but some of use like to waste money. Hehe
Old 07-14-2008, 02:42 AM
MikeVi

The braided would be very nice for shelf queens. Unnecessary weight otherwise.

Heres a link to an ebay one... [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAIDED-Fuel-Line-SAVAGE-T-MAXX-REVO-JATO-3.3-TRX-RC_W0QQitemZ120282693043QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL080 71215105r6100]LINK[/link]
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
dadirtsavage

ORIGINAL: mojavemonster

I'm also going to run braided. Sullivan.Com has clear fuel filters called crap traps. I will put one just before the engine so I can see the fuel. I've seen braid a few places but cant remember where. Anyone got any links?

Ya regular line maybe better but some of use like to waste money. Hehe

^^^INDEED. lets go buy some.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:53 AM
omega4200

hi there i stumbled on this thread while searching on something else, i love the braid kits and use them all the time, they are on my Revo, and touring cars too, you can hide electric wires too..the only down side is they can get dirty quickly, (metal braided) and you can't see the fuel going into the carb, and they 'frayed' and un-wind. You need to pass the normal fuel tubing in side it and then shrink wrap the end, i tend to leave a bit of clear showing at the carb so i can see the fuel.. see pics of some of my stuff..i bought mine off ebay..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74444.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	992254  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 AM
youie

One of the main reasons for using Metal Braided pipes, especially on a full size vehicles brakes is to prevent the pipe from ballooning whilst applying pressure on the brake pedal. This allows maximum pressure to travel to the caliper. However, if its about keeping the fuel pipe on a n RC protected from sustaining damage, then you can route it sensibly.
If its for any other reason (aesthetics), then go ahead its your MONEY in someone elses POCKET for NOTHING.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:32 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Braided line for RC? Overkill, but I guess some people like it. I'll stick with silicone tubing.[8D]
Old 07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Sparco

ORIGINAL: youie

One of the main reasons for using Metal Braided pipes, especially on a full size vehicles brakes is to prevent the pipe from ballooning whilst applying pressure on the brake pedal. This allows maximum pressure to travel to the caliper. However, if its about keeping the fuel pipe on a n RC protected from sustaining damage, then you can route it sensibly.
If its for any other reason (aesthetics), then go ahead its your MONEY in someone elses POCKET for NOTHING.
you lost me on sustaining damage [&:]
Old 07-19-2008, 07:27 AM
RCCanuck

more hassle for your buck thats for sure.....I got some in a trade about 2 yrs ago and it was already on the truck.....needless to say the first time I went to change my fuel and pressure line the braided covers went into the round file marked "G" I couldn't imagine having to remove and reinstall the stuff every time I change lines.

I go through a pile of fuel tubing running 5 Nitros not because the stuff fails but because I put fresh line on expecially the fuel line about every gallon of fuel. The pressure line can be left on for longer but will eventually develop tiny holes....
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 AM
bray 1

ORIGINAL: got_nitro632

ORIGINAL: youie

you lost me on sustaining damage [&:]
lol