Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Steering Trim help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
jdm_k20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Trim help

I recently bought a new radio and crystal set for my savage. When I ran my truck for the first time with the new radio and crystals, the steering trim was all messed up. I adjusted it for a few mins and ended up trying everything but can't seem to get it right. Right now i have the st. trim turned all the way clockwise, as well as the ST D/R turned all the way clock wise also, this is the setting that works the best, but is still wanting to turn left a little bit when running the truck. If i try to adjust the trims any other way, it will just make it worse. Can anyone help? Does the crystal have anything to do with it? or the new radio? BTW the radio is a stock savage x radio, and the crystals are hpi a5 crystals.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Steering Trim help

Are all the linkages still in proper position? What about your servo horn is installed on the servo? Actually, that would be the easiest remedy. Center all your EPAs and dismount the horn. Turn on the radio and RX, and let the servos center. Then, remount the servo horn and linkages, then readjust your EPAs for the new setting.

BTW, what is the radio you are using? TF3, TF4? Aftermarket one (like Futaba or KO)?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
jdm_k20

Default RE: Steering Trim help

It's a TF-3. I dismounted the horn from the servo and put it back on with the settings centered. It works from what I can see, but I won't know for sure until I run it again. It should work because I can acutally adjust it now lol. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if it works.