Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

school bus body

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 PM
3-172IN MTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: school bus body

I happened to use a HPI specific body this last time, so I can see why that was not an issue. But if I used a proline body that was not all premarked with the holes and stuff I can see where you would say there would be an issue. Actually, I am sure I would still be scratching my head and wondering how to get it figured out.

Thanks guys
Old 09-19-2008, 09:03 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can trim the body before or after painting. I do my trimming after painting, but do the body mount holes before painting. And always peel the coating off the outside AFTER painting. [8D]

I just painted up a Scout in a custom candy/deep, deep plum purple, backed with metallic black. I laid down a light/medium coat of the metallic black before I laid down the purple. A few light coats of candy purple were all I laid down. Then when it was all dry, it got backed heavily with the metallic black-emptied the can on it. I don't like purple, and have no clue why I did it in that color, but this looks real good. No pics yet, just tossing out a teaser.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM
3-172IN MTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will definately be looking for the pics of that. I am interested. Not only am I new at painting but Nitro in general. Definitely things to keep in mind when I start my next truck project.

You can see my truck in the pics of your savvy thread.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
black mamba

The best advice I can give you is to take your time, read up, ask questions and remember that this is a hobby. Get all that down, and you'll enjoy this stuff. Have fun!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

exactly. if you don't at least trim around the wheels you can't fit the body on to see where the mounts are located. But I mean alot of the time spent painting the body all nice is waisted the first time you go out and roll it over... But it's nice to paint one up nice and save it for a "just for show" body. My hummer body doesn't even have a hole for the cooling fin to be accessed it's to nice for kill.

t9dragon.. are you into air brushing as well? you said you've been painting for 10 years.. thought you might have take an air brush in hand one or twice.

KID EVIL!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: KID_EVIL!

t9dragon.. are you into air brushing as well? you said you've been painting for 10 years.. thought you might have take an air brush in hand one or twice.

KID EVIL!
I have owned 3-4 airbrush during that time but I have never used or taken the time to learn how to use one. All of the bodies that I have painted have been with the "rattle" cans.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
black mamba

That first scratch sucks, but after that, the rest don't matter.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:31 PM
black mamba