Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Picco engines

Old 03-03-2010, 12:10 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco engines

Got the popcorn in the microwave and beer on ice. This is going to be funny. LOL[sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow and the bad part is we all were just intending to help the guy.....we see he mentions he loves the picco but hates breaking pullstarts...so out of good nature, and good nature only a few of us try to offer what could possibly be some good advice...... And because of that we are now the bad guys for trying to help someone out.... Yes I know he didn't ask for help, and now he says he's quite experienced......but seriously how were we supposed to know this ? its not like we tried to persecute the guy in any way shape or form.....we intended to try to offer a fellow enthusiast help.... ! but I guess that just makes us bad guys now !

Honestly this is kids stuff, I honestly don't have the time or patience to deal with a high schooler with a chip on his shoulder, as its clearly apparent this guy has it out for me right off the bat and is looking for anything to start a fight over ! LOL I am done with this topic !!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM
savagenitroflux

anyone seen that new style cooling on ebay or anything? looks like a ninja.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: hypnotiq

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: hypnotiq
Its not an issue.. your making it one. I didn't come here to ask for help i just said that's the only thing i hate about it. Dont let the post count fool you.. i know what im doing and have no issues handling that picco. I figured this forum would have ''smart ares'' like you on it. Work on your people skills and maybe you'll get more business..
Wow dude. Skip English class much?
no issues handling that picco
Lot of other people have no issues handling it. Including not breaking pullstarts. Shouldn't you be under a bridge somewhere, harassing billy goats?
Wow.. all of a sudden it went to spell check huh.. Well seeing that we have people like you on here guess you can go and point out all the errors since you have nothing better to do with your time.. Who the hell was talking to you anyway? Did i quote you? NO! Did i ask you to come on here ''Spell checking''? NO! So next time.. do speak unless spoken to.. M'k Now go swing off supertits junk.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Bayer-Z28

ORIGINAL: 46u

Got the popcorn in the microwave and beer on ice. This is going to be funny. LOL[sm=lol.gif]
Gotcha..

Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 PM
-SomeGuy-

Not taking sides here but everything was pretty friendly until this comment...

ORIGINAL: supertib
so the issue is not breakin, the issue is you dont know how to properly start an engine using a pullstart !

It just snowballed from there.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
hydroboy
My Feedback: (1)

I love you guys!!

Visitors remember this forum is frequented by Picco Lovers!!

TBJ will bash anyone who abuses the english langauge especially if it's your native language!

PS. I love my Savy but it's too dang fast!![8D]
Old 03-18-2010, 11:50 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

I've had to do some serious cleanup in this thread, please keep it argument free and on-topic.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
rcnitrohead

Cool, sheo is a mod now- lol I missed a lot . Yeah so I bought a used Picco .28 with 2.5 gallons on it, I threw it in the Savage- broke the pullstart on the first starting attempt, the cord snapped. Then I rebuilt it and had it running great for some time, more torque than my STS .30 but falls a bit short on top end, anyways I snapped the starter again [:@]. I have 1 cord left to rebuild it with, I'm shopping for a rotostart backplate. Not sure if I should go HPI with that hex mod, or buy an Ofna one.. I deff dont want the one that only uses Losi's spin start. Opinions?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
rcnitrohead

^ Any input on that? Whats most durable.. This Picco broke 2 pullstart cords already and the P/S is beyond repair- so I can't bash till I get a starter [&o]. Thanks peeps.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
-SomeGuy-

If you have the HPI roto you might as well try that before spending money on other stuff. Its all I use on my piccos and never had a problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
rcnitrohead

And all I need in addition to that is a 12mm hex right? If I read right- the backplate from the F4.6 right? Yeah I'm definitely not going with Losi's spin start, it was between the roto or ofna- then again roto has never failed me before (cept for the actual wand haha).
Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM
-SomeGuy-

12mm sounds about right. And yes the F-4.6, F-4.1, S-25 backplate will be a perfect fit.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 PM
lightning73

on the rotostart topic- i just had to replace my one way bearing for the first time, how long do they typically last for? i didnt seem to get much life out of that first one, probably onlymade it through3 gallons of fuel tops...is that normal?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 PM
rcnitrohead

Someguy- you da man! [8D]
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
The Pope NJ

Been running Picco's for a while now and I must say for the money best motor out there.