Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HELP......ANYONE!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Muggy250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP......ANYONE!?!?!

ok ive got a savage x 4.6f and i love it however im having a probelm, the problem is im getting a delay in the throttle, like if i nail it the truck will stay nailed for like 1/2 a second longer than i want and it scares me to death... its not the stock radio, its a JR x2i... stock radio that comes with a muggy any help would be great!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Problem

So you hit the throttle and when you let off it still keeps going for a little bit? Is it going back to idle or is your idle set too high? If you fully hit the brake, then does it act normal?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HELP......ANYONE!?!?!

sounds like a radio problem i was getting this, best bet time for a new throttle servo man, mine was doing the same, burnt out and had a wot picco runaway mind you i did have a spektrum in at the time... could also be a low battery, and even if its fully charged, how many charges has your battery seen? cause they will start to wear down and not hold a charge like they use to.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Muggy250r

the battery is still good. it might have been a low batt cause now its fine
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Montana Mike

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suggest checking your thottle linkage settings. do not start the truck but turn it on as well as the transmitter. give it full throttle and see what the linkage does. sometimes the linkage settings slip a little and they might just be sticking. not doubting what the others have suggested just something else I would check if it were me
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Savage_Dias

All of my nitros do that when the batteries get low. Most of the time I charge them before they get that bad.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Parputt537

Could be a tuning issue. Failure to return to a steady idle in a timely manner is also a sign of a lean Low Speed Needle.
Make sure your throttle/brake servo and linkage are not binding and if it continues check your tune.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Montana Mike

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shoot i throw my trucks on a trickle charger on thursday night if I know i am running on the weekend. gives it two nights to fuel up the cells. of course i never run my batteries dead either.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 PM
whipnet

Check your return spring (obvious) and then head down Parputt's path and richen your LSN some.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Van Pelt

I had this exact same thing happen. I used the stock linkage on a metal geared servo. This doesn't work so well when you "tighten" down the servo screw "tight". The stock throttle/brake linkage isn't made to be torqued down tight. If you tighten it too much, then the throttle and brake horns can't slide. If you take it apart you will see what I mean.

So, just check to see if you tightened the servo horn screw down too tight.....