Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

OK the Savage rocks!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
tiemac

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OK the Savage rocks!

I was a little disappointed with the problems I had on my first bashing sessions. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8084840/tm.htm]old post[/link]But the last few have been a blast. Cartwheeling down 30 foot hill climbs. Jumps I failed to land[X(]. Mud holes. Came home and nothing was broke. I guess its time to give the T-Maxx to my daughter. She is ready for one now she is ten.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14694.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1068263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56716.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1068264  
Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 PM
BudBud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OK the Savage rocks!

Welcome to the fold... great looking truck body you have there!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Van Pelt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes.. this Savage stuff is fun. Especially when you involve your kids in it with you. My son and I really have a blast.

Glad to hear you are having fun because nitro can be frustrating at times...
Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
tiemac

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My body was all nice but a few sessions and its all beat up. Painting an Escalade for nights on the town HE HE HE. Those paddles look like fun. How well do they work?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:09 PM
BudBud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have not had a chance to run them yet. I had four days off this week and between the wind and rain..... not a chance to go to the sand piles. I am hoping next week, but the wether is not looking good then either. Bud
Old 11-08-2008, 09:01 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

savages are the best trucks out there! you just need to do some initial adjustments first. i got lucky and the only problems i had when i got mine were the rotostart backplate screws coming loose and falling out, a wheel nut stripping (i think it was the locktite that did it[&:]) and some screw coming out that made my truck front wheel drive.

now, i'm just waiting for the fuel line i ordered to come in so i can torture my savage some more. (hole in fuel line) i'm just glad i found the hole because for a few days, i couldn't tune it right and i noticed that my onboard temp guage had come off because the fuel ate through the servo tape it was mounted on. i gotta settle for my t-maxx for now[]. that t-maxx just isn't the same even though it's got over $1000 dollars total into it (bought for $250 in the RCU markerplace[8D]) it's still frail compared to my savage.