Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
hawk900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Welcome home TxRoadRunner !

For that kind of cash you can get better servos with better torque and speed.

Ask other people what they run for sevos and
compare them to your choice and what they will cost

I really like my Team Associated’s XP Digital Servos
DS1313 Hi Performance Digital Servo (throttle) $74
DS1015 Hi Torque/Hi Speed Digital Servo (steering) $89

Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
GANGstar305

Default RE: Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqMMv2n5gQ

this is who protects my trucks
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GANGstar305

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqMMv2n5gQ

this is who protects my trucks

screw the perie dog this is who protects my RC cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAir...eature=related
Old 11-15-2008, 01:22 AM
MadManAndrew

My 12 (yes 12) dogs protect my trucks, I'd post picks but the 3 Chihuahua's are to hyper to get picks of and my labs are kinda fresh: my dog just had 7 pups...2 weeks old...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

I have never seen a white German Shepard...are they their own kind or are they bred?

I've had 3 of the neighbor dogs go psycho over my truck. Two were on leashes and plain stupid...I cam up to one and I thought he had a short leash, but he gets right up to it and I was scared that he was going to bite it so I throttled it real quick leaving him a nice little nitro scent to sneeze through . The other leashed dog just pulled his owner around quite amusingly. Third dog was a Husky looking dog that had no leash and chased the thing through a yard or so...then I returned the favor and scarred the crap out of him while I chased em'. [>:]
Old 11-15-2008, 05:19 AM
BudBud

My apologies to the original post, I certainly derailed this thread! Anyway, two black shepherds can have a white pup or two conventionally marked shepherds can have a white pup if the gene is present in their bloodline. There are several breeders now that breed them, but the Germans used to kill them and their mother trying to get the gene out of the bloodline. Generally they are taller in the rump, have gentler dispositions and do not have the hip dysplasia problems. That is Bud Boy and his baby he found while we were hiking one time. I knew he had something when he took off like a rocket. Thankfully, it was not a black and white striped cat. He is not nearly that calm and gentle around the Savages.

Bud driving and Mr Attitude "Sir" in the middle. The one on the floor is "Missy" probably hoping she could find something to eat on the floor.

Bud Boy thinks this place has Savage written all over it! Bud
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love your dogs you should let them come stay with me for a whiel. my boys would love them
Old 11-15-2008, 09:25 AM
BudBud

Thanks Mike, I guess I could send you a couple of dogs and a couple of Savage XLs, maybe a couple of gallons of fuel and a couple of spare glow plugs.... In about 30 days, you would be wanting to return the whole mess.... They are like owning a Savage, it is not always nice and peachy....

Boys will be boys, like Savages will be Savages and every once in a while, you wonder if you should bring them home....

What kind of old Chevy do your boys like?

The blue one is gone, it wound up on the roof too many times and ripped the roof off... The rest are still floating around here someplace....[8D]

Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

First I want to say THANK YOU to all the service people and just wish the government was as committed as our service people!!!!!!!!!!

For steering anything with dual ball bearings, metal gears with a torque of 200oz and a speed of .13 or faster should work fine.

My house was broken in to abut 10 years ago to the tune of over $10,000! As you know insurance never covers it all and cannot replace the things that have been in the family for 100 plus years.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 PM
black mamba

Roadrunner-That sucks that someone went garage shopping on you. Check the local pawn shops, stolen stuff usually makes its way to them.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM
TxRoadRunner

ORIGINAL: BudBud

My apologies to the original post, I certainly derailed this thread! Anyway, two black shepherds can have a white pup or two conventionally marked shepherds can have a white pup if the gene is present in their bloodline. There are several breeders now that breed them, but the Germans used to kill them and their mother trying to get the gene out of the bloodline. Generally they are taller in the rump, have gentler dispositions and do not have the hip dysplasia problems. That is Bud Boy and his baby he found while we were hiking one time. I knew he had something when he took off like a rocket. Thankfully, it was not a black and white striped cat. He is not nearly that calm and gentle around the Savages.

Bud driving and Mr Attitude "Sir" in the middle. The one on the floor is "Missy" probably hoping she could find something to eat on the floor.

Bud Boy thinks this place has Savage written all over it! Bud

BudBud, no problem love the pics of the dogs, Once i get back from Iraq in late june i would really enjoy getting together with some of your guys for a good weekend of bashing.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 AM
BudBud

Sounds great to me, we can head for Brett65 country, or the OKC area, or any other spot you know of. I would like to get my junk around some other guy's trucks and see how they compare.....not to mention all the fun and broken parts we should be able to create.... Glen
Old 02-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Foxtrap

ORIGINAL: GANGstar305

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Wow, thats an amazing pic. I'll take the jerk off your hands, I've always wanted a dog[8D].

Tom.
I did a double take on that one..
+1

Yeah You can't use all those words in the same sentence.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 AM
TxRoadRunner

Only catch is that you have to bring the Dogs and My grand Kids get to come too. They are really loving the RC stuff right now and would just be heart broken if they did not get to come.

Who else is up for this bash weekend? It sounds like it could be a hell of alot of fun.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 AM
MadManAndrew

Wheres Justin? I'm up in the DFW area...I'd like to see how my Savage compares to ya'lls, theres not really any other people with Savages around here.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Chiz79

Justin is very close to the Texas Motor Speedway! I also live close to the speedway.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: Chiz79

Justin is very close to the Texas Motor Speedway! I also live close to the speedway.
oh, ya! I drive through Justin about 5 times a year...Maybe I am losing my mind...
Old 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
BudBud

Bud would be okay, Sir is an anti-social jerk and cannot be trusted around strangers. He is great with young kids, but if you wear baggy pants, are a large male, wear a hat, a uniform, walk funny, loud when you approach, or if for some other reason he does not like you, if you get too close to his people, his truck, his home, he can be a real jerk.... and he is very quick... So, one of the dogs could come, Mr Deer Lover there, Buddy, he is great with everybody. I hope this works out, because I would really enjoy it. Glen
Old 02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

okay i love dogs and i think our men in arms do a great job and if i wore a hat i'd take it off to ya.... but this nice man would like to know about servo's so i poped over to tower, and based on my experence and personal preferances, i'd go the S9351 just cuz not too much differance in .11 to .13 speed and the extra 65oz of TQ will be welcome

the lug
Old 02-07-2009, 06:45 PM
BudBud

Hi Tech HS 7955TG 333 oz @ .15 sec for steering and a Futaba BLS 451 for throttle/brake 147 oz @ .10 sec... Unless you plan on being like me and water bashing, then just trash some stock ones. Glen
Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
fabrimacator21

That hitech servo is HOSS. 333 oz?

I have the futuba s9351 on my maxx and love it... has enough cajones to slide at any speed.

The futuba also comes with a 1 year warranty and a metal case.

Don't know much about the hitech. If it's got a decent reputation for durability then go with the hitech. Little slower but torque is good...
Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

oh, ya! I drive through Justin about 5 times a year...Maybe I am losing my mind...
LOL, How can you forget that monument of a racetrack? Just north of hwy 114 on FM156, I'm sure you've passed through there many times going from Dallas through Roanoke on your way to Rhome to hit hwy 287 to go to the panhandle!

TxRoadrunner, Thanks for your service to our great country and helping us remain strong!

And most of all, good to see you back in the Savage community again! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-08-2009, 01:39 AM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

LOL, How can you forget that monument of a racetrack? Just north of hwy 114 on FM156, I'm sure you've passed through there many times going from Dallas through Roanoke on your way to Rhome to hit hwy 287 to go to the panhandle!
Actually, I drive right past the Texas Motor Speedway on my way to Oklahoma...Thats where all my relatives reside, both my parents are from OK...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Aha! On Fm156 or on I-35? (the west leg, not the east leg that goes through Lewisville)
Old 02-08-2009, 03:11 AM
TxRoadRunner

ORIGINAL: BudBud

Bud would be okay, Sir is an anti-social jerk and cannot be trusted around strangers. He is great with young kids, but if you wear baggy pants, are a large male, wear a hat, a uniform, walk funny, loud when you approach, or if for some other reason he does not like you, if you get too close to his people, his truck, his home, he can be a real jerk.... and he is very quick... So, one of the dogs could come, Mr Deer Lover there, Buddy, he is great with everybody. I hope this works out, because I would really enjoy it. Glen

BudBud: that will be just perfect and can't wait to meet you and Bud. If we plan all this just right its going to be a hell of a lot of fun.......Lets DO IT!

Wheres Justin? I'm up in the DFW area...I'd like to see how my Savage compares to ya'lls, theres not really any other people with Savages around here.

Yea its real close to TMS, in fact if i tried i could throw a rock at it........

Guys thanks for tha all the info and support. I can't wait to get home and meet all of you guys for some bashing infact we can fire up the grill for some BBQ and Beer. (for those old enought to drink of course)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.