Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM
TxRoadRunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

What’s up guys,

I’m home on leave from Iraq and picking up a new Savage X SS (kit) with a Spektrum DX3R. I went to my LHS only to find out that the Spektrum does not come with servos.

So my question is for all you servo savvy folks…….Would the futaba S9351 and S9452 be a good choice or is it over kill? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 AM
3-172IN MTN

Default RE: Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

Hey my man, I can not help with those servo choices but let me be the first to say, WELCOME HOME!! I did my year there and made it back and am happy to hear that you did as well!!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
TxRoadRunner

Default RE: Since my last Savage was stolen only a few months after I built it its time for a new one……..

3-172IN MTN: Thanks so much and thank you for your service as well...........MPs lead the way
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 AM
3-172IN MTN

Youd never guess my job!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
wingedwheel-0420
Banned

yea im not sure either,but i would also like to thank you for your services,glad your back home.[sm=thumbup.gif][8D]
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
BudBud

No help with the servos either... but it is always great to hear America's finest are coming home alive! Thanks for all your contributions! Bud
Old 11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Ppht, like there's such a thing as overkill when it comes RC . Get top of the line, you deserve it! If I could afford it, I'd buy em for you. Thanks for keeping us all safe and free!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does a Savage get stolen?[&:]

Thanks for your dedicated service.....I'm a AFSOC vet that left footprints in the sandbox years ago.[>:]
Old 11-14-2008, 06:02 PM
madmax22

lol you guys are useless... those servo's are great, the one with the most torque obviously going to the steering. WELCOME HOME!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Same way my T-maxx got stolen...only the people that stole IT were FAR more desperate
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
GANGstar305

yeah..im thinking about installing lojack in my savage
Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
TxRoadRunner

Thanks for your dedicated service.....I'm a AFSOC vet that left footprints in the sandbox years ago.[>:]
its gets stolen very easily when you leave your garage door open.

thanks for all your support guys it make it easier knowing you have people behind you.........YOU GUYS ROCK

Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM
TxRoadRunner

ORIGINAL: GANGstar305

yeah..im thinking about installing lojack in my savage
GREAT IDEA................
Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: TxRoadRunner

its gets stolen very easily when you leave your garage door open.

thanks for all your support guys it make it easier knowing you have people behind you.........YOU GUYS ROCK
I had the entire stereo system stolen out of a car leaving hte garage open. I was only home for 20 minutes. That sucked!

And yeah, I don't have the guts to go into the military...so thank YOU for keeping it voluntary! You're a better man than I
Old 11-14-2008, 07:08 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow, a strong salute to you from a naval pilot hopeful[sm=thumbup.gif].

As mentioned, there is nothing overkill in this hobby when it comes to parts,

Tom.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 PM
BudBud

As far as truck theft goes.... just park an overly protective 100 pound German Shepherd nearby....

Old 11-14-2008, 08:05 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

rofl. gotta love that look on your dog's face.

he's/she's like "get that f******g camera out of my face!"
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow Bud, thats a beautiful dog man[8D][sm=thumbup.gif]. Never seen a white one before[sm=spinnyeyes.gif], lol...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
BudBud

I have three, that particular one is a real jerk to get along with. He was a hurricane victim from Alabama. We drove to Memphis to adopt him, he does not like big men or men in uniforms... He would growl at me for the first six weeks or so we had him. I would never have adopted the jerk if he had not been so lovey dovey with my wife. he is a beautiful dog, extremely protective of his domain, scary protective.

He likes the trucks getting loaded up though, he associates that with some run time. The other male will chase the Savages until he about collapses, I fear he will run himself into a heart failure, he is fast, but not that fast! The Savage chaser's name is Bud.... that is where my RCU name came from, we call him BudBud....

That would be him waiting on his next Savage run.....

Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 PM
madmax22

heh bud, when my dog runs for a wile her back legs start to shake, does that happen with your to? Im glad she doesnt chase my rc's shed catch most of them
Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 PM
BudBud

No, he is very strong, weighs a little over 100 pounds and is about 29 inches tall at the shoulder. He used to try to carry them off when he finally caught a rollover. I broke him of that, now he circles the little speedster barking at it. He has to get that last word in... as you can tell by looking at this photos, he is a big ball of muscle....

Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow, thats an amazing pic. I'll take the jerk off your hands, I've always wanted a dog[8D].

Tom.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
NitroVenom

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Wow, thats an amazing pic. I'll take the jerk off your hands, I've always wanted a dog[8D].

Tom.
I did a double take on that one..
Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 PM
TxRoadRunner

ORIGINAL: BudBud

No, he is very strong, weighs a little over 100 pounds and is about 29 inches tall at the shoulder. He used to try to carry them off when he finally caught a rollover. I broke him of that, now he circles the little speedster barking at it. He has to get that last word in... as you can tell by looking at this photos, he is a big ball of muscle....

Bud that is one great looking dog, I bet it was funny watching him chase your trucks........
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
GANGstar305

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Tom.
I did a double take on that one..
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.