Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Servo Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:53 PM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Noise

I added a humpp pack to my savage when the Rx and Tx are powered on the servos make a noise but if i mess with the trims it stops but after i move the wheels or throttle the noise is back..they dont jump around its just a lil noise from em..what is this
Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 PM
dakamat

Default RE: Servo Noise

Don't worry about that it's normal with the extra voltage provide by the pack. My 5 trucks did exactly the same thing, all all is good since 4 years
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
hghflyrjd1

ok. also it only does it if say the truck is not moveing and i turn the wheel and let it center i guess it can center so it hums once i lift it it stops if i hold the front up and turn and let go, it centers and no noise.i Guess its nothing
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
twomanytoys

Its normal.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: hghflyrjd1

I added a humpp pack to my savage when the Rx and Tx are powered on the servos make a noise but if i mess with the trims it stops but after i move the wheels or throttle the noise is back..they dont jump around its just a lil noise from em..what is this
So long as they are not buzzing very loudly, just as everyone already said, this is normal.

If you are running digitals, they will buzz more than non-digitals because they are constantly triyng to stay onto the position they are supposed to be at. But if you servos ae buzzing reallly loud and you se your linkages bending and twisting, definitely adjust your linkages and tune your EPAs to fix this.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 PM
hghflyrjd1

No, theres no binding or movement from the arms at all
Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Then it should be okay, I say just take the sucker out and bash it 'til it breaks!

(If it aint broke, you aint bashin'!)
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 PM
hghflyrjd1

yea I have aalot of snow on the ground right now and its cold so i havent been able to run it with any of this yet and im getting a bunch of parts and stuf tomorrow so i want to drop it all on together
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I feel you, especially about the snow and stuff. Fortunately for me, I am just at the northern end of this massive high pressure over the western part of the US, so it is clear right now, but it does get crazy cold at night. Funny thing is we hit 45degrees F today as our high and when I got home, I bashed a little!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
hghflyrjd1

Oh ied be happy with 40s, its in the high 20s right now. friday ill be able to run some
Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Can running two digital servos with a non digital radio/receiver cause this problem?-the noise is ok, but when I have my fail safe installed, I turn the radio and receiver on, then turn the radio off and full brake is enabled AND my steering shoots to the left or right and is locked there...is that "normal" with digital servos? I know I have my fail safe set correctly and I've reset it a few times as well.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:24 PM
SAVAGEJIM

IDK, I do know that digital servos on a non-digital RX and radio still function normally, although without all the programming goodies, but I am unsure if they will try to continually buzz as they fight to maintain their position in a non-digital RC.