Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

convince me!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
cdub123cw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convince me!!!!!

i just want to make sure that the savage X4.6 is better than the REVO 3.3. convince me on everything a savage has more to give than a revo thx!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: convince me!!!!!

The Savage sells itself. You need not be sold.

Just trust in your senses that the Savage is superior. You're obviously convinced, otherwise you would not have made this post.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 AM
fasterrcs

savage is just better lol............................................... ....................
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Van Pelt

do your own research to form your own opinion. also, you don't mention what your intended use (race, bash, both...). If it's bash, then Savage. If it's race, then get a truggy, not a "monster truck" class.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 AM
IvanG
My Feedback: (1)

If you plan to race, just get a buggy stop wasting ur time racing monster trucks haha

if not, buy a savage nuf said.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 AM
dakamat

I have both and i can not tell you wich is better. Both have his pro and cons.
But both are realy good truck.
You can choose revo or savage, you,ll make a great choice
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 AM
cdub123cw

ok cool
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
BudBud

If you really want to have a fast machine, grab a Mugen MBX5T Prospec off of Ebay, the racers are moving on to newer more modern chassies and there is a bunch selling for cheap right now. We went out and ran my X Savage with the Picco 27 in it against the MBX5T with a Picco 27 in it and it was ugly. My son was driving the MBX5T and it made the Savage look slow and silly. While I was trying to get the front wheels down to catch him, he was already there and gone. It smoked the Savage on top end, acceleration, climbing, jumping, everything but wheelies. The Savage is a great platform and fun to drive, but yesterday, it was just another object for him to avoid. Glen
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
cdub123cw

why are they so cheap? and do lhs still carry parts for them?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
BudBud

I do not know about the LHS carrying parts, but Mugen has a long history of keeping all parts available for their trucks. As far as the price, racers have very little brand loyalty, if somebody comes out with a lighter, faster, better handling truck than can stand race abuse, everybody wants it. The loyal Mugen guys are selling preparing for the new Mugen MBX6T that is coming out. [link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=okmr1Sdvv8k]I was breaking in the 27 this week[/link] and the Savage will not run with that. Do not get me wrong, I love the Savages, fun to run, wheel standing, jumping machines, I have five Savages and probably will not sell any. Glen
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
46u

Buy a Revo and learn about buyer remorse. LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
dakamat

ORIGINAL: 46u

Buy a Revo and learn about buyer remorse. LOL
I run a revo since 3 years now, and i love this truck. The only breaking parts in 3 years is a front knuckle and rear arm
Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Pick what you like, they are all good. The revo will be a lot nimbler, and the savage is more of a beefy truck.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
46u

AT the track if you do not run RPM A arms they will not make but a couple of laps before the Revo breaks. Wish I had a dollar for every Revo I beat because they broke. So far NEVER DNF with my Savage. I have been running my Savage for over 5 years and beat the hick out of it and very little breakage.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Clymer122693

Yea...wont make it a couple laps...thats exactly why Slayden,Roberts and all the other Pro Racers run stock a-arms? They are tougher then people give them credit for,most racers dont run RPM arms because of the flex they have and they take handling away. I've owned my Revo for 3yrs and have only broke the stock right side arms once,I hit a rock/boulder in our backyard and WOT head on. And at one time my revo did have Full RPM arms and I took them off because of the flex and sold them to a freind.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 PM
dakamat

Ha!!!! the guys at your track are all unlucky i think
For me, stock arm since 3 years now, and only one have break, or maybe it's me who is lucky
And when i've break them, it's WOT in the street and loose control, the truck have hit the concrete at about 45 m/h, not to bad for a revo
I've stop to race, but i've race my revo during two completed season, and on a track, NEVER break a parts.[8D]

Anyways, as i said, all truck have is pros and cons.
The first time i've run my savy XSS in a send pits, i've land of a very little jump, maybe 2 feet high, and i've break a rear upright.
And when i've put my RB TM928, just after the break in, i've exploded two beavel gear in the rear diffs, only runing on a beach...

So when you make a choice for a new truck, don't expect to find an unbrakable truck, it's imposible
Old 01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
46u

Evidently you never raced in Georgia. Just about all the racers here run RPM if they did not they would never finish a race. If I had a dollar for every stock A arm on a Revo I have seen break on the track I could buy another Savage.[X(] You have to understand we have some WICKED tracks not for the faint of heart! A Revo is a good truck if you want to spend the money to buy the RTR and replace at least half of it with good parts.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
dakamat

A Revo is a good truck if you want to spend the money to buy the RTR and replace at least half of it with good parts.
Sory to tell you that you're completly out man, and i'am the proof

But anywayss, we're not here to start a debate, we're here to help the guy to make a choice.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
twomanytoys

Most all the revos at my track also run rpm arms. Even if you dont break a stock its good insurance to keep you in the race using rpm arms just in case. O and every savvy owner knows or should know that the stock uppers on the truck are super weak.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
cdub123cw

it sounds like the REVO will be pretty sturdy after i put rpm arms on it. and sounds like its really good on the track. I want to start racing but i cant find a track in or by SAN DIEGO does anyone know were to look?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
the bey

GET A SAV 4.6! i did, aint stopped grining!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

46u, You are arguing with someone wo has BOTH trucks, and you still think your biased opinion is more valid even though you dont own a revo. He owns both and said both were good, you just cant get over the fact that the revo is a good truck too.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
dakamat

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

46u, You are arguing with someone wo has BOTH trucks, and you still think your biased opinion is more valid even though you dont own a revo. He owns both and said both were good, you just cant get over the fact that the revo is a good truck too.
right!

And if you plan to go racing, don't hesitate one minute and take the revo, you'll love the suspensions, and with a better engine, like a Picco 26 red dot or a OS .21TM, you'll love this truck you ca believe me my friend
Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I love all things RC..however the Mugen MBX5T has a special place in my heart !!! buy a used MBX5T and get the best of both worlds, bashing and racing... and today they can be bought dirt cheap !
Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 PM
46u

Ask them how long the 3.3 engine last on the average and guys be truthful. The Savage can be a good racer but it does take a lot it is a better basher out of the box. I have won races with my OLD 4.6SS pre X when it was all most stock but to be competitive in big races you will have to do a lot. I do not need to own a Revo and never will as I have too many friends that do as well as I have raced against quite few and love the stock A arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.