Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage xl steering.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 AM
pubmaster861

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage xl steering.....

Woot , another problem. Lost screw that secures steering linkage to steering servo, got new screw and installed back on but steering doesnt crank all the way. seems like its not lined up right but i turn remote on so it centers itself and align wheels as best i can. still no good. also wondering if there is a failsafe for low battery that will engage brakes cuz mine seem to be locked up constantly as of late. not overly impressed with these small issues with my brand new truck, any suggestions would be nice, if i havent explained well enough let me know.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:54 AM
IvanG
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: savage xl steering.....

ok, simple fix. Just start over again, remove bolt holding the servo horn, remove servo horn. Turn on your trans and let the servo center. Now reattach the servo horn making sure your tires are as straight as possible, fine adjusment with your trim.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
pubmaster861

that was my original plan but still doesnt look like it turns as much, and if i put it all together and turn the wheel on remote i cant still go further by turning the wheel by hand. any ideas on my brake problem?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
3-172IN MTN

I am lost on the brake problem unles it is getting held in place by the roll bar. In that case you can either turn the linkage around so it will not get held up or bend the brake rod out a bit so it does not touch anymore.

On the steering servo, is the inside of the horn stripped? That would cause the limited amount of turning that you get and also check to make sure that it is all the way on the servo. I had a simular issue before and I found that my screw was to long and it did not allow the servo to be tight with the horn.

Just a couple things to check on.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

There is a little knob on the remote that adjusts how much steering travel you want. It is the little knob that is to the left/middle of the steering/throttle adjustments. Make sure that you have it cranked all the way to the right to take full advantage of your steering radius.

Did your throttle servo have any contact with water? It may be some sort of glitch that is causing it to act up.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:31 PM
pubmaster861

i did not know thats how the remote adjustment worked lol thought that was for more left or right ......, could of got some water on it, ive looked everywhere for some plastic dip to seal it but cant find any , any other product out there that i can use?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

i put silicone on the bottom part and grease on top part where the gears are

works good
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
pubmaster861

bump, same issue is happening, i aligned my tires and reinstalled the servo horn, doesnt turn as much and seems like the servo cant turn it, like its underpowered......, the adjusment on the remote doesnt work like that it adjusts more to the right or to the left.....how do i get my savage to turn like it used to, it has like half the radius it used to