Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

X diff bearings

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:15 PM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X diff bearings

I busted a front diff bearing. I don't get it cause I was only doing some small like 2 foot airs and after alil while I noticed a chater when I was braking and then noticed the front wheels were not really pulling and seen it was the bearing. Anyway. Will that basic a jump damage bearings like that. I'm sure I didn't land every jump perfect but notind dead on the nose or one wheel plus its not even from the big an air. If your on the gas when u land I'm sure that's not to good eaither but would that cause that too. I striped a spur gear doing that
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: X diff bearings

no, it was just bad luck. i ABUSE my truck and have had no bearing problems what-so-ever.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 AM
ArancioC5

ORIGINAL: hghflyrjd1

I busted a front diff bearing. I don't get it cause I was only doing some small like 2 foot airs and after alil while I noticed a chater when I was braking and then noticed the front wheels were not really pulling and seen it was the bearing. Anyway. Will that basic a jump damage bearings like that. I'm sure I didn't land every jump perfect but notind dead on the nose or one wheel plus its not even from the big an air. If your on the gas when u land I'm sure that's not to good eaither but would that cause that too. I striped a spur gear doing that
HPI is known for their crappy bearings. Replace them with good quality ones. 99% of the diffs that go bad on Savages were due to torn up bearings if you do a quick search on the internet to see what other owners have reported.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
hghflyrjd1

Well what do u guys recomend for a replacement incase it happens again. The stock ones r like 5 6 bucks. What are some heveyduty ones or better brand ones running.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

www.avidrc.com
Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
hghflyrjd1

So those HALO bearings from that link are just as good or better then the HPI stockers? I can get 6 of those for the cost of 2 HPI one. I just want a more durable replacement incase it goes again for whatever reason