Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Flux aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Radom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flux aftermarket parts

Greetings all. Anyone know if an existing RPM (or other brand) center skid plate will fit the Flux? Just called RPM & I must have been first to ask, they didn't know yet. While I'm at it, could a few of you more experienced Savage guys possibly tell me what other aftermarket bashability improving aftermarket parts for other models will fit? I noticed below some pics of some bars from the rear shock tower to the roll bar, for example. I already broke the on/off switch mounting plate. I assume from bending the rear tower forward. I'm very new to RC and I'm not familiar with all the aftermarket manufacturers.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flux aftermarket parts

To answer your question, nobody is selling Flux specific aftermarket parts yet. Some nitro stuff crosses over to the Flux and some doesn't. I don't know if the skid will work or not as the Flux TVPs are specific to the Flux.[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Radom

Yep, the RPM guys didn't know what a Flux was!? The lady I talked to first seemed to think I was talking dirty to her! I admit it crossed my mind, but that's not what I was doing, honest! I hoped some of the stuff that crosses over from other Savages to the Flux might be easy to identify, but that's not how my life usually works. Also, I've looked, but so far have not found a list anywhere that identifies many of the abbreviations you knowledgeable RC'ers use. Example: I have no idea what a TVP is?[sm=red_smile.gif] Can somebody help me with that??
Speaking of an education. Got the box with way too many dollars worth of lipo & charger late yesterday. Learned how to treat lipo's today. Ran through the first pair of 7.4v lipos until cut-off at lunch today in deep dry grass in about 25 minutes. Motor barely got warm. This evening, in the big back yard, also dry grass, but not deep, my wife & I wheelied, flipped over backwards and cartwheeled the Flux for the better part of an hour on one pair of 7.4 lipo's. Motor was warm, but nowhere near hot. This thing might actually survive until we learn how to drive! Tough dang truck! And, Ialmostcan't imagine the need for 11v lipo's. Yet!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
SSOOCH

I'm running two Maxamps 5250 3C 11.1v in my flux. It's stupid power.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Once you go 3S, you'll never go back to 2S. It is a totally different truck on 3S. Play around with different tires, and the speed just piles on fast. It's kinda hilarious to watch because it is so easy to get this truck to go ballastic.[sm=lol.gif]