Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Had to get a new truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Had to get a new truck.....

The weather has been mild and sloppy out for the past few weeks and I haven't been outside with my nitro's. I was in here and read someone talking about a mini for inside and thought it was a good idea. I got a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTYZ3&P=7]CEN me16 mt[/link] 1/16 monster truck. It has about the same motor that my sons 1/10 truck had. The cen has a 540 and my sons had a 550. So compareing it to that and the fact that it's about 3-4" shorter and lighter... I think i'll have some fun with this thing when it gets here. I only wish there were more bodies around for it...[:@]

Oh something I was wondering about the radio.....

Radio: Cen Skyion DSX 27MHz AM radio system with one standard size
servo, ten model memory, sealed receiver and battery box,
transmitter has charge jack

Does that mean that I can program it to use with my XL and my rustler as well and only use one radio instead of three? If so that'll be awesome. Oh and I had a coupon to use at tower hobbies so I saved $15 on it and have a bunch of batteries already So shipped and in my hands it was about $180 CAN. I can deal with that

Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had to get a new truck.....

Yes you can use up to 10 trucks on the skyion remote. My son has one and uses it for 2 trucks and 1 boat. It works very well.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of those radios and it has been flawless. I let the wind blow it off my tailgate, the antenna broke... great! I called CEN and they sent me three antennas for under ten dollars shipped. They were friendly and their service was fast. I was really impressed.I have used it on several trucks and really like the trim adjustment tabs. Glen
Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
KID_EVIL!

I've seen radios for more than $180... so looks like I made out ok, 'cuz I get a truck with it too HA HA HA HA
Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
KID_EVIL!

Anyone else with a mini finding many bodies to fit..... My body on this is 10.7" and there aren't to many to fit. The trinity next/now body and a couple crawler bodies may work, but there's not much around for these little guys. I haven't even found a clear stock replacement..