Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Need to buy two things for my Savage today. need help!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need to buy two things for my Savage today. need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need to buy two things for my Savage today. need help!

Hi all,

The Savage that I have right now has the .28 Mach Engine with the stock HPI exhaust, the stock exhaust came with the Savage 21.

Anyways...I'm looking to get more power out of the engine..but don't really know much about exhaust..

can you guys recommend me some...price range maybe $40-$70??

also, looking for a roto starter for the engine... how do I make sure that the back plate for on my engine?

thx for your help
Old 02-22-2009, 11:57 AM
veedub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need to buy two things for my Savage today. need help!

on the dynamite website I think they have the rotostart for that engine. i got mine from a lhs for like 7 bucks, the shaft is different and wont fit in your hpi rotostarter so i just bought a cheap cordless drill instead, and cut off a peice of my rear bumper so i could put the starter shaft through (was to short idk if you can get a longer version??) idk about exhaust mine still has the stock plastic x pipe...
Old 02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, im not 100 percent sure, but i think that this rotostart will fit the mach. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMRL9&P=SM]here[/link]. and i know the 086 pipes work well on picco .28s so it may work for you.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

let say I buy the 086 pipe, how much difference will it make? will I notice any performance increase?