Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hpi savage FLUX....XL revealed

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Hordsak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi savage FLUX....XL revealed

Hows the XL flux doing now anyways? Are your maxamp batteries toast? How much did they puff? I want a flux pretty bad, but I won't be able to get one for a few months.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
steed2-inactive

jesus!!! how does this even happen? this is like my dad is tougher than your dad? " i said it first!!" ..."a month ago"....lol i undertsand debating stuff but this seems a little childish? anyways it definatly is entertaining...so by all means...carry on!...lol

dont get me wrong...i dont care and sometimes get a laugh out of it ....but you gotta feel kinda bad for the guys who build something and are proud of it enough to post pics ...just to have people cut up his work??? not everone is perfect like some poeple think they are and we all learn from trying. ...so i say hats off to ilikestuff for the build good job! who cares about the tvp if it bends then i am sure you can brace it!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Sweet truck man I personally think if you added a brace right above the motor that it would be great[8D] It probably is a little weak right there how it sits, but with a brace there it would be just fine. Looks good though

I just see where you said in the other post that you braced it. It should be good for a beating now
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5
lmao seriously, YES I AM VERY JEALOUS! So jealous I posted the info on how to do it um.... wow was it that long ago? I think I had the very first XL flux post on any forum and the first person to build one using stock parts in the world so yes, I am very very jealous.
How would you know you were the first one to try it in the world? Not everyone puts their stuff on the internet you know
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 AM
rhylsadar

omg this really gets funny. "first in the world...." i guess (hope) you were joking right.
i mean basically people have been converting the savage since the 21 came out in 2002? i believe it was summer or fall 2002. since then a savage is basically a savage. there are plenty of versions by now with some improvements. however it seems some people do not realize that there is very little new to say about the savage. gazillions of modifications have been done to this truck and discussed in dozens of forums around the world for around 6 to 7 years now. many people fixed the tranny in one gear, modded the diffs with bigger bearings and those little sliding plates inside the diff cups (years before hpi or trx had made it factory), put a motor plate in it, battery trays and made it brushless for years now. the flux is simply what hpi has "copied" from all the savage brushless conversions. longer tvp, extremely long tvp, lower cog tvp, 3mm tvp, 4mm tvp, 2.5mm tvp, titan tvp, carbon tvp, center diff mods and bla bla bla etc etc. its all been done before. so a "flux XL" is also not really any news. its only using some other tvp that are named like this.

BUT that does not mean its not nice to see people converting things! i always enjoy watching pics and modifications. and from time to time there is really something slightly new ... even to the savage.

so btt. lets see some pics of those puffed maxamps. [8D]

bye
rhylsadar
Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5
Brent, tell me though, do you also make the Tarzan jungle call when you swing from people's "vines?" Stop living vicariously.

LOL, you are funny just like all the other guys that was doubting the guy now you want a video, then next you'll want him to send it to you and all that. I too got the same chit from people JUST LIKE you saying that there was no way I could fit .21 engines in 1/10th scale cars or let alone narrow the rear ends to fit 1/8th scale tires on them...yada,yada,yada. Well after doing all of those things that was said couldn't be done, I got the same 'ole folks LIKE you criticizing what I did and now guess what, most of them all have a 1/10th scale ride using .21 or larger engines now........kinda like you now going to do your XL flux conversion..........oh wait, you already did it first but before you said if it could be done, you woulda did it a long time ago.

You go along and keep criticizing the guys stuff though as your type is the norm lately for anyone trying to do something.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 AM
ezl_oo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

You go along and keep criticizing the guys stuff though as your type is the norm lately for anyone trying to do something.

[/quote]

Very true as ArancioC5 seems to be a very bitter person! I don't see the reason for knocking the guys build, by saying childish things like "see I did it first and taught of the idea first, and you stole the idea from me first, I'm the first in the world to do it, nobody is better than me"...It seems like I'm in 2nd grade all over again. His original post was about his savage flux esc going up into flames, not about his savage flux xl build, then he was called a lier/fraud from you and others, which forced him to make this thread and post pics of his build!!! So, then you started by calling him a fraud and only you could have done the build!! After he shows pics of his build, you then knock him down by saying that his work is crap and he still is a fraud and now you want to see a video of him breaking the truck...Serioulsy man lighten up and give the man praise for his work or constructive critisism or just keep it moving to another thread, because it seems like you bring a lot of negativity to threads!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 AM
ArancioC5

LOL funny how people twist what I said in order to make it work for their arguments. So.... let me address the kids.

1. Yes I was saying in jest that I was the first to have FLUX parts by HPI not KERSHAW or DREMEL HACKS, however it is true that I was. It has nothing about me "posting" it, it is because I bought the first "chop shop" flux that was available to the "public." I was NOT the first person to have a "flux" as far as complete made by HPI truck, nor the first brushless Savage owner. Rydslar, dont worry buddy you were the very first. King of toy trucks goes out to you my friend.

2. I applaud doing customization. In fact, my "FLUX" does not use HPI's motor/esc, it uses a standard castle green motor and esc that required dremeling the motor mounts to fit the motor, and soldering the Y harness. I was originally buying the parts to mount to an XL chassis untill I realized it made NO SENSE. That is why I critique the owner of that particular Savage because he made several claims that were simply BOGUS. I do not rip peoples work, but I rip people who LIE about it. Go re-read his posts and see why instead of chiming in these discussions without knowing what you are talking about. The intelligence of some on this forum is truly seriously SAD. Learn to read, the only people who are excused are those who dont speak english as their first language.

3. The main people who have "issues" with what I say are of the following: 1. Newbies 2. wanna-bes 3. mongoloids. The newbies are cluless, the wanna bes are too but they take it up another notch because they want a Flux but dont want one the right way and hate what I say, and the mongoloids are so clueless that they own a Mini T and somehow ended up on the Savage forum and figured out it was a good argument to get in on.

I dont mind expressing opinions, and bringing clarity to facts, but please if you cant read or follow a discussion then do not post. Instead, why dont you just sit back, watch what is being typed, and possibly learn something.

If people here REALLY think that cutting up an XL chassis is a smart idea, then at least send it to me and I'll do it for you the right way. The main issue I have with this guys savage is that he is displaying the WRONG idea here. Added length = added Flex. By cutting the chassis aka the foundation, you are now making it even more flexible. Even by adding a brace you are still not going to retain 100% of its structure. So, you go out and purchase those expensive diffs, tranny etc. Do you realize that flex can ruin the most important drive line parts? I wont try to explain it all because if you cant figure out where I'm going then you are not smart enough to understand it if I did take out the time to explain.

Call me what you want but the last thing I'd like to see is people screwing up their trucks and then comming on here crying about why the "FLUX" sucks. "The diffs are weak" etc. Mis information runs rampant and I am taking my time out to make sure it doesnt spread.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I was trying to edit this one and keep it alive, but it's a lost cause. Everytime I refresh it, there is more back and forth, personal discussion and off topic posts. I am going to go ahead and lock this thread since its usefulness has run its course.