Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
01s0uljah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?

Any news on any new Nitro Savages coming out?

I've got a Savage X SS from last year.. and i'm itching to build a new one.. Kinda want to build something new for this summer.. Are there any plans in the making of a Savage Makeover?

Don't get me wrong.. The Savage X SS is still perfect.. but I just want something new.,.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?

I highly doubt it. The Xl and Flux just came out and Im sure they are working at making these better because first year models always have problems. A xl kit would be awsome.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM
01s0uljah

I'd like to take on the XL.. But I would rather it be a kit..

I'd like to see them scrap the rotostart and slap on a pull start.. Scrap the transmitter, receiver, and servos, reduce the cost of these and let us deal with the rest.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Jem93

yea, cos most guys already got all this stuff and the joy comes in building the thing
Old 03-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Flux Driver

An XL kit may get me interested in Nitro.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 AM
01s0uljah

ORIGINAL: Jem93

yea, cos most guys already got all this stuff and the joy comes in building the thing
Exactly what I'm saying...
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

...buy it, take it all apart, sell the parts you don't want, use the parts you want, and you have yourself a kit!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 AM
BudBud

Buy a set of chassis plates, dobones, differentials and axles for an XL off of Ebay and build your XL. I did it five times, Picco power, two or three speed, Ofna exhaust, decent servos, just as good as any kit!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
SSOOCH

I think a Flux XL would be the next logical step in their line up.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM
01s0uljah

ORIGINAL: SSOOCH

I think a Flux XL would be the next logical step in their line up.
An electric one?

I'm planning on sticking with nitro..

I emailed HPI in regards to them releasing a Kit version of the XL.. and they said they had no plans on doing so.. [sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Flux Driver

I guess from HPI's point of view, an XL kit wouldn't sell well. And if it did, it may bring down sales for the RTR XL.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
BChiz

I wish one of the companies would sit down (with pen and paper in hand) and design a whole new 1/8th scale nitro monster truck that would be so awsome that everyone would have to have one. Maybe one of the companies that has never designed one before, but a well known reputable company. Wouldn't that be great???!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Flux Driver

I sometimes think what if NASA were to design the ultimate perfect RC truck. Although no matter how they designed it, a design for the best jumps and off road handling will still be different from a design best for race tracks, speed and turns. Like the difference between the early Savages and the Revo 3.3. Still, it would be awsome if a company did this.

Companies like HPI and Traxxas are excellent at doing this as they are now. But I'm sure they still have limitations beyond their control. Imagine if they were allowed access to new technology that would give RC vehicles a power source much better and more reliable than Lipo packs. Something people can charge and use without fail. A charger that will charge it the right way and an ESC that will use it the right way. A set up that can handle higher temperatures and won't overheat no matter what a user does to it. And gears made of material that's almost impossible to strip and break. They already have technology like this for NASA and the military. But I guess they feel the general population isn't worthy enough to share that with. They may state budget issues or safety testing which is sometimes the case. But often there is still an Illuminati type of mentality when it comes to people with access to power and resources.

And imagine the military using an RC type of device that is blast proof. Something that searches for land mines and stuff and if it gets blown into the sky, it can still run. They may have stuff like this already.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
---RC PiNYoT---

I would love for HPI to build a 1/5 gas powered version of the Savage in kit form
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Flux Driver

I sometimes think what if NASA were to design the ultimate perfect RC truck. Although no matter how they designed it, a design for the best jumps and off road handling will still be different from a design best for race tracks, speed and turns. Like the difference between the early Savages and the Revo 3.3. Still, it would be awsome if a company did this.

Companies like HPI and Traxxas are excellent at doing this as they are now. But I'm sure they still have limitations beyond their control. Imagine if they were allowed access to new technology that would give RC vehicles a power source much better and more reliable than Lipo packs. Something people can charge and use without fail. A charger that will charge it the right way and an ESC that will use it the right way. A set up that can handle higher temperatures and won't overheat no matter what a user does to it. And gears made of material that's almost impossible to strip and break. They already have technology like this for NASA and the military. But I guess they feel the general population isn't worthy enough to share that with. They may state budget issues or safety testing which is sometimes the case. But often there is still an Illuminati type of mentality when it comes to people with access to power and resources.

And imagine the military using an RC type of device that is blast proof. Something that searches for land mines and stuff and if it gets blown into the sky, it can still run. They may have stuff like this already.

NASA is officially the shiznat... but anything they put their hands on has a serious price tag.

I honestly think in these hard times traxxas and hpi need to merge and then we'd have the best of both worlds. The Revo suspension setup is unbeatable. The savage's durability is unbeatable. Combine those two and you've got a super truck. But I'm sure traxxas has that setup patented and I don't see them making a 1/8 mt. Until then we can argue over which is better.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 PM
bigwaltc

Last week I went to my LHS which is 80 mil away [sm=cry_smile.gif] Ask the guy if he had any Savage parts. He told me that Nitro MT are dead I asked him where he got his info he didn't tell me. I told him he didn't know what he was talking about he called me a idiot I called him a A hole and walked out!!! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Flux Driver

MT's, nitro and electric, will never be dead. There will always be people, myself included, who like trucks with big tires. I'm not interested in getting some flat looking truggy with like 1.25 in. or whatever of ground clearance and running it over rocks and having it end up stuck doing a see-saw on some fallen tree branch or parking lot divider. I'm into monster trucks and the stores that supply parts for them.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
bigwaltc

Oh I totally agree with you flux I love my Savages and my other MT I was just saying what the Ahole said [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Flux Driver

I know and I don't know why that store guy would say that. He should have simply said he didn't have what you needed. I'm thinking his store will be the thing to fade away if he continues with his attitude. MT's are here to stay. [8D]
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
hydroboy
My Feedback: (1)

I'd have to agree with all you guys that want kits, its cool to open a box full of parts and build something from the ground up. As far as the companies making bullet proof parts they'll never do that they'd go out of business! Factory parts are always way over priced!