Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Twin Exhaust Pipe w/Dual Stingers for Savage

Does anyone other than me have one of these and if so are you having just as much trouble as I am tuning it? I get wicked low end, hit second no problem but sa soon as it starts to go it bog's down. Took it to my LHS and they tried to tune it but nothing has changed, still having top end power loss. Anyone.....Throw me a bone please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30896.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	1164468  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Twin Exhaust Pipe w/Dual Stingers for Savage

I never liked dual exhausts on an R/C since they never seem to work right.

I saw a youtube video of a t-maxx with the same exhaust. He had wrote in the description that he had to plug all but one of the exhaust holes(there were 4) to get enough back pressure to get it to perform right. You might try plugging them temporarily with something to see if it helps.

Im betting it doesent have enough pressure to keep it rich enough to keep from cutting out. Plug some holes and try it.

Eric

- Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

- Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea, its starving your engine of fuel because of no back pressure, you could try shortining your pressure line, but i dont think it will do much, i would get a regular pipe. The thunder tiger pipe is very very good for the price check it out on www.amainhobbies.com
    They call me \"butthead\".......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dual exhaust is garbage. A big waste of money. Get a Losi HT pipe and be done with it.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.Is there any chance that having this issue and not changing the pipe will damage the motor? The funny thing is my LHS was trying to get me to buy another one for my MGT 8.0 but opted not to thank god. I take it there are hobby shops that want to just sell ya goodies and not sell ya products that you can benefit from.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes it will hurt the engine because it will make it run lean from not having enough back pressure. Get it off and at least use the stock one till you get a better pipe. You dont want to cook the engine.
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, it will make it run lean and hurt it if you continue to run it like that. Either plug some holes, or replace it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tried one once. I wouldn't say it ran lean, but it wasn't very effecient as this type of muffler is not a tuned pipe (or at least not a very well designed one). But it did run hotter than it should.

I ran it a long time, and it didn't hurt the engine. It was a pain to prime as you need to plug both stingers and operate the roto-start (or pull-start), and the option of blowing through the pressure line has it's problems (body must be off, pressure line eventually rips a round fitting, taste of fuel residue, etc,).

Positives were it looked cool and the body stayed clean.

I eventually bought a THS pipe.....quite a difference, more top-end power and ran cooler.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had one of those on my savage x and t-maxx both of them ended up in the trash can...
    SAVAGE X .28 AXIAL,3-SPEED
    T-MAXX .28 AXIAL,EXTENDED CHASSIS
    XXX NT
    MINI -T
    COMMING SOON .....SLASH

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have since taken it off and now run the stock pipe untill I get a better tuned pipe. Thanks for all the help