Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

A Redneck fix..

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Sparkyf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Redneck fix..

While out bashing today, my side vision and judgement were a little off and my front left wheel clipped a telephone pole. Needless to say, it broke the upper arm on the suspension arms. Ordered the new part, but in the mean time I could not stand the fact that I woulndt be able to bash for the rest of the day. So I took the arm off the truck and cleaned it up good. it broke about where it Y's. Put it in the vice where it matched up perfectly, then took a piece of like 1/8 inch Stiff wire, cut it at about an inch and a quarter, heated it up RED HOT with map gas torch, and placed it on the joint. The plastic started to smoke, and I pressed it into the arm with the needle nose pliers, and while the plastic was still HOT and gooey, I took a popsicle stick and smeared the plastic over the rod. Turned it over, and this time the Y would have to be addressed, so I took a little smaller piece of rod, bent it to match the curve of the Y, heated it, pressed it in. Then just took the torch being careful not to get the plastic melting too much, and heated it enouch to where I could make a good transition over the break and pin. Letted it cool and I must say, I think its as good as new! Gave it the ultimate test( on purpose of course) and it held up to some big jumps, and 3 different high speed cartwheels. YEAH! Just wanted to share that in case anyone needed an easy way to fix one in a pinch. Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39348.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1171946  
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 PM
SAVAGEBANE

Default RE: A Redneck fix..

there you go....some ingenuity. not everyone has is. glad it worked for you.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:23 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: A Redneck fix..

this is like the time i toasted my servo horn so i drilled out one of the other ones in the box, and then hacked up one i got from a servo pressed it in, a little epoxy, and i'll either run that or my Al one... depending on what i feel like or what i'm doing...

the lug