Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY SELLER "BIG HEAD HOBBIES"

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY SELLER "BIG HEAD HOBBIES"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
ArancioC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY SELLER "BIG HEAD HOBBIES"

AKA Globman.... man they are horrible. They are located one..yes one state away from me and I still have not recieved the parts I order nearly 2 weeks ago. Worst ebay customer support I have ever dealt with and seriously bad shipping time. They are the reason why my flux hasnt been run yet and I thought the parts would be faster comming from NJ then another state. HopMeUp on ebay however is extremely fast. I'd go with them everytime if you need a part fast that your LHS doesnt have.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
nonyabiz

Default RE: WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY SELLER "BIG HEAD HOBBIES"

i will 2nd hopmeup i have order a lot of parts from them....... they are a great ebay seller
Old 04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

i got my little sportwerks chaos from hopmeup. it took 2 weeks[:@]

but, my rustler parts that i have ordered from them came within a week.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes stuff happens at the Post Office or UPS. Machinery "eats" packages, stuff falls behind equipment, etc, etc. You'd be surprised how many facilities and trucks packages go in and and out of on their way to the final destination. It boggles the mind.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 AM
ArancioC5

or......I check paypal and see he didnt purchase a label untill 9 days after the sale? lol. No post office blunder here, this guy is a moron and in this very small R/C world we partake in, word of mouth is key and you dont burn bridges. I'm just glad that my order was like $15 bucks instead of more. Mistakes do happen when sending things, but this guy is just a lazy waste of a seller.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe he was delayed sending out your parts due to a death in the family? Perhaps you posted against this guy a little prematurely? Doesn't sound like you have very many issues to back things up yet.

............just playing Devil's Advocate.......there often are two sides to a story, and mis-communication is often how problems originate.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
ArancioC5

well you may be right but after looking into his negavite feedback I see this is a consistant issue..... I dont like to attack people's means of making money but be carefull about who you screw over you know? If the guy had 100% feedback positive then I'd know for sure it was a fluke and be understanding as I have not left him negative feedback yet.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Parputt537

Yep, very very very slow shipping and terrible support. I ordered a few things from them including a set of Dirt Bonz which he said was out of stock, but should have them in a few days. Several weeks later I had to call and remind him about my (Back Order).
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Foxtrap

2nd for HOPMEUP....I get my stuff in Canada from them in the states...and its usually very quick...the person I talk to....weather itsthe same person every time or not...is great....very accommodating..

also plcman1....and some others that slip my mind now..lol

Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
full maxx

I can vouch for heather at hop me up ...they are great , they are only about 10-12 miles from me and I go there when I need something ...they use to be a retail store but their ebay store went so crazy with business and they said about 5 people a week would come in so they closed to the public and just sell on ebay and are about to open their own web site ... but they will sell to me at the store as long as I call first and let them know I'm coming which is good for me cause the next closest store is 40 miles away and good for them cause they don't pay ebay fees on what I buy and I don't have to wait for or pay for shipping
Old 04-09-2009, 05:42 AM
VP BT1

i dealt with rcboyz and found them really good fast delivery. only took a week to get to me (australia)
Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 AM
flew2high

Default RE: WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY SELLER

I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered from Big Head thru ebay...it was just a motor/gearbox for a Parkzone Cessna (he had the best price), but it's been since June 9th and I haven't received it yet...emailed him last week and got some lame excuse about being backed up and that "it went out yesterday"....that was 6 days ago, and we're 3 states away, so you do the math...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
thzero

Yeah, I 2nd this. I ordered something from him, never came. After several weeks of waiting he eventually did refund my payment. However, I have yet to ever see the product come through the mail to at least refuse delivery.

HopMeUp however I've had really good service with.

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5

AKA Globman.... man they are horrible. They are located one..yes one state away from me and I still have not recieved the parts I order nearly 2 weeks ago. Worst ebay customer support I have ever dealt with and seriously bad shipping time. They are the reason why my flux hasnt been run yet and I thought the parts would be faster comming from NJ then another state. HopMeUp on ebay however is extremely fast. I'd go with them everytime if you need a part fast that your LHS doesnt have.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
SAVAGEBANE

HopMeUp ....smoothsuperfast
Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to have seen this. Will not be ordering from big head, though he is one of the few with decent shipping costs to Europe..

My last order from hopmeup was here within a week, AND got by customs... Major thumbs up for hopmeup from me.. (have ordered 3-4 times from them, every time perfect...)

I guess it's one of those things - go with what you know..

jennysrcparts is also 10 out of 10. Have ordered from them many times - best ebay shop I know.

plcman is also good.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ordered stuff from BIGHEAD before and have not had a problem. I just bought a rotostart starter shaft from him. I paid for it on june 15th and it was on my doorstep on the 19th. fast shipping as far as I'm concerned.
if you look at his feedback he has a 99.5% rating. in the last year he has had over 9500 transactions and only 45 negative feedback rating left. I think that is about as good a rating as you are going to see on ebay. sometimes stuff happens and you get that one customer who is going to make a stink over it. I will not hesitate to to order from BIGHEADHOBIES again.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Doctp1885

Yeah, I buy from PCLMAN1 since he has great prices and ships fast. but if he doesnt have what I need, I'll by from other places. hopmeup, bighead, nitrohobbies, etc...Never had any problems with them. I've received every purchased item within a week. They way I see it, if you are doing literally thousands of transactions in a month, something is bound to happen. Part of life. Now, if the buyer never communicates back or just plain took your money, now that's a different story. this is also the price we have to pay... We can go to an LHS and pay the MSRP price and include tax and get our product right NOW or buy something cheap with high shipping cost or sometimes free shipping and then twiddle our thumbs for it to arrive. Personally, I hate waiting for something to arrive and like the product in my hands right then, but we all know LHS does not carry everything we need for our RC so sometimes it's the pay and wait game and crossing fingers it gets here before the weekend to bash the RC. Oh and never rely on USPS tracking. I checked every day for 4 days to see when my stuff would come in...message showed USPS was notified for pickup.. Woke up the next day to check on status and say it was delivered yestderay at 1pm. ARRRRRGGGGGH. lol.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Foxtrap

Speaking of not receiving goods,

I ordered a Savage XL body from someone who has posted in this thread about 3-4 months ago...I have not received it YET...since then, they have either disabled or blocked me from sending them PM's....and not answered my queries as to what happened to my shipment...If they could kindly respond to my msg's/refund my money....that would be great.

Cheers
Stephen.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 AM
naynay12

I have ordered serveral times from globman and i live in australia,recieved all the items i ordered from him in an average of 4 business days.He was one of the best ebayers i ever dealt with.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 AM
BANKRUPTER

I could be mistaken but if big head hobby is Andy I have use him with good results. Was a bit back. I was banned from hopmeup after thousands of dollars in good transactions I call to fine out why, they didn't know! But they cant fix it. However they will let me still order by phone or their www.com skipping paypal fees and safety. I have stopped using them due to it.. No loss to me even preferred paypal accts have to wait with hopmeup till it clears others dont. Sorry to hear you had a bad deal. I have yet to have a bad ebay deal.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
flew2high

UPDATE: I am still waiting for my part, I ordered and paid for it almost a month ago.... After over 2 weeks, I inquired as to the whereabouts of my order; I received a long, drawn out tale of woe about how he ships 2000 orders a month all by his lonesome, and his wife just had a baby, he can't trust anyone else in the store...blah blah blah...claims to have shipped it on 6/18...it's now 7/7, and I've got nada... I completely understand people having lives and whatnot, but this is ridiculous. I am patient, and will give it exactly 3 more days to arrive before I file for a refund.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:56 PM
osuwins

I wish i seen this befor i orderd from them, i bought a set of bevel gears and pins that hold it at the buy now price, i bought them through two different transactions but back to back, because i didnt see the gears till after i placed the order for the pins, the pins came in 2 days the gears came in 2 weeks after i talked to him and he "reshiped it" the pins said that they come with e-clips but they didnt.. I feel if your going to buy something and they get your payment they should be sending it out the next day, 2 weeks is bs to wait for your stuff if you live in the USA and ship to the USA..... so BIGHEAD gets[sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

If you can't trust any of your employees, then maybe you hired the wrong people
Old 07-10-2009, 03:36 AM
hydroboy
My Feedback: (1)

UPS delivered my Picco last winter to the end of my driveway@ 6pm, and instead of putting it in the mail box they hung it on a post in a plastic bag for anyone to see. I was lucky that no one saw it out there and stole the thing! Hop me up, Get*it*Fast, plcman and Jennys are my faves for ebay sellers.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Another company to look out for on ebay is eHobby World right now there tryin to say they sent my package with both items i ordered but it only came with the one and they wont refund my other $30[:@]