Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

THE Official HPI Savage Flux-HP Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official HPI Savage Flux-HP Thread

Just an fyi, IceWindus has been trying to scam / get free parts from HPI for a while now. He's had several posts removed on SEVERAL forums because of this. RCTech is just one site getting sick of his consistent jabbering. He doesn't know anything of what he claims, and basically copy/pastes garbage that he reads or presents mass amounts of spam instead of helping people. Now he's taking advantage of HPI showing others how to do it, which is beyond absurd. The only time he posts on other sites it seems is when he wants to brag about his STOCK truck. Yah, those TVPS you bought aren't anything but STOCK.

And yes I'm a Savage owner, I've witnessed some of the mess he's posted, and witnessed it get deleted. HPISavageForum.com is another site he's been trying to spam, but it got quickly deleted by the owners.

Side Note: Man Freeze, you are getting shunned from every forum you are on doing this crap. You've basically put yourself in the classification of 'scammer'.

GOOD JOB
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
sharkattack99

i was just wondering i converted my savage x 4.6 to brushless, was just wondering if those diff parts would fit my x diffs? iv blown out my rear diff with the nitro don't want to do it again. if they would i might buy a couple of sets to upgrade my diffs. or am i going to have to ask HPI if they are compatable?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think they would be a direct replacement for the X diffs to. But to be sure call HPI and find out.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 AM
caseyddr

Yes, they are compatible, but HPI won't replace them as the upgrade is meant for the Flux.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

Just an fyi, IceWindus has been trying to scam / get free parts from HPI for a while now. He's had several posts removed on SEVERAL forums because of this. RCTech is just one site getting sick of his consistent jabbering. He doesn't know anything of what he claims, and basically copy/pastes garbage that he reads or presents mass amounts of spam instead of helping people. Now he's taking advantage of HPI showing others how to do it, which is beyond absurd. The only time he posts on other sites it seems is when he wants to brag about his STOCK truck. Yah, those TVPS you bought aren't anything but STOCK.

And yes I'm a Savage owner, I've witnessed some of the mess he's posted, and witnessed it get deleted. HPISavageForum.com is another site he's been trying to spam, but it got quickly deleted by the owners.

Side Note: Man Freeze, you are getting shunned from every forum you are on doing this crap. You've basically put yourself in the classification of 'scammer'.

GOOD JOB
Nobody likes a tattle tale but hey, if you get your jollies off on ripping people on forums, nock yourself out, don't matter to me.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: IceWindius

GOOD JOB
Nobody likes a tattle tale but hey, if you get your jollies off on ripping people on forums, nock yourself out, don't matter to me.
Actually nobody likes a scammer.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 AM
fb5b

Agreed

Last I heard Fraud was still illegal in the USA?

Wiki definition of fraud is "fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain"

Sounds familiar?

Without knowing what you did and didn't say, I can't say if you acted in a fraudulant manner (nor would I as I am also familar with defamation ), however the way you bragged about it in numerous forums....

I'd be nervous if HPI consulted some lawyers mate.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 AM
t9dragon

Why don't we get back on the subject of the Savage Flux. If you guys want to bash & flame each other do it somewhere else.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
black mamba

The lynch mob here needs to chill a little because HPI is to fault too-the way they go about just throwing parts out isn't the smartest way to go about doing things-from a bean counter's perspective. But maybe HPI likes doing it the way they've been doing to keep it simple? Probably. So in the meantime, enjoy the very customer oriented customer service they provide us. If they were worried about it, all they would need you to do is simply send in the destroyed or not yet destroyed inferior parts related to the affected platform, in this case the Flux. Upon receipt of your old parts, they would then log you into a database and then send out replacements. Bada boom, bada bing.

edited for clarification
Old 09-30-2009, 02:26 PM
4wdmt

I apologise for derailing the thread guys. I just can't take what is posted lately, I feel it is just isn't right. I myself was happy with the stock diffs that never failed on me. I guess for that alone, I should be happy about it.

ORIGINAL: black mamba

The lynch mob here needs to chill a little because HPI is to fault too-the way they go about just throwing parts out isn't the smartest way to go about doing things. But maybe HPI likes doing it that way to keep it simple? Dunno, but all HPI needs to do is to ask you to send in the destroyed or not yet destroyed inferior parts related to the affected platform, in this case the Flux. Upon receipt of the parts, they log you into a database and then send out replacements. Bada boom, bada bing.
+1...Now that is a very smart post, just added 5 stars to you bud.

OK, to keep the thread going. I don't know if you checked other forums lately, someone posted that new battery trays are molded differently to accomodate the pinching effect of the battery leads. Here is the link I read with pics. He even metioned that the battery rubber strap is more secure and hard to take off.

http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=83552

HPI hears the cry of owners with all the faults of the Flux. Hoping in the future, they will release a newer version with all the upgrades in it. Just like what they are doing with it's nitro counterpart.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
sharkattack99

cool then i will have to order some for my savage.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: 4wdmt

OK, to keep the thread going. I don't know if you checked other forums lately, someone posted that new battery trays are molded differently to accomodate the pinching effect of the battery leads. Here is the link I read with pics. He even metioned that the battery rubber strap is more secure and hard to take off.

http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=83552

HPI hears the cry of owners with all the faults of the Flux. Hoping in the future, they will release a newer version with all the upgrades in it. Just like what they are doing with it's nitro counterpart.
About time............................
Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
fb5b

Yer same, I just get mad when ppl like me who don't have a lot to spend have to save to get hop ups others scam for nix

It's not right.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 PM
killermmn

ORIGINAL: fb5b

Yer same, I just get mad when ppl like me who don't have a lot to spend have to save to get hop ups others scam for nix

It's not right.
that why a have sell my flux!!
now my rc8te is better!!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
t9dragon

It's not right.
So if the diffs in your Flux went out would you call HPI or would you just buy new ones? The diffs in the Flux have been an issue since it was released. So asking for new ones before the others went out isn't a bad thing.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 AM
caseyddr

Somebody on another forum spent the time to talk about that issue, and it IS infact stealing. Face it, most people aren't having issues with the diffs, but people tend to get vocal about it if they do. It goes with the saying, if you have great service at a restraunt, chances are 5 ppl will hear about it. If you have bad service, 20 will. He was having 0 issues with his Diffs and most likely wouldn't have any for a long time. Things wear out overtime also, you think you should get a free part just because it wore out? MAN would racing be so much cheaper if that was the case. He took advantage of HPI and he knows it, plain and simple. HPI knows it now as well, and are doing their own thing about it.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:20 AM
t9dragon

HPI has great customer service and if they want me to send mine in before they send the replacement then I would gladly send them in. I have owned 4 Savages and a Flux, this is the first time I have ever had an issue with a Savage diff and I used to put my nitros thru hell and back.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
black mamba

Somebody on another forum spent the time to talk about that issue, and it IS infact stealing. Face it, most people aren't having issues with the diffs, but people tend to get vocal about it if they do. It goes with the saying, if you have great service at a restraunt, chances are 5 ppl will hear about it. If you have bad service, 20 will. He was having 0 issues with his Diffs and most likely wouldn't have any for a long time. Things wear out overtime also, you think you should get a free part just because it wore out? MAN would racing be so much cheaper if that was the case. He took advantage of HPI and he knows it, plain and simple. HPI knows it now as well, and are doing their own thing about it.
You have voiced your opinion and we know your stance on this, but some folks here need to stop calling people scammers, frauds, and stealers. That's crossing the line because nothing illegal has happened here. I refer you to my post below that references part of my phone conversation with HPI about these gears. Read it and then feel free to call them at (949) 753-1099 and voice your opinion about this matter to them directly rather than point fingers at people like you have been. And post back with their response please, whatever it may be.

edited to make it less of a personal attack
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

HPI has great customer service and if they want me to send mine in before they send the replacement then I would gladly send them in. I have owned 4 Savages and a Flux, this is the first time I have ever had an issue with a Savage diff and I used to put my nitros thru hell and back.
When I called HPI to get my new gears, I asked them if they wanted the old gears back. He said no. I asked again just to make sure he understood me and he once again said no, that he only needed my name/address/phone # so they could get the gears to me. So I have new gear sets coming some time next week. Thanks so very much HPI. Two thumbs up for HPI!

P.S-I haven't lost any sleep over it because I tried to give them my old gears and they politely refused.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
black mamba

It's not right.
If your gears are bad or if you feel they are going bad, provided you own a Flux, call HPI and explain it to them BEFORE you spend any money on parts.

edited for simplicities sake
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

OK.... This BS about scammers and HPI handing out parts like candy and whatever is none of my concern. I simply don't care.... and have other more important things to worry about. I have little time for RC anyway, so stop clogging my favorite thread up with crap thats irrelevent to the Flux and go cry to someone else about it. this is'nt the place. And i'm talking to anyone and everyone who is'nt posting about the flux and flux related issues....grow up and get a life....

So anyone try the BP gears out yet? I'm hoping mine come tomorrow so I can toss them in this weekend and beat the snot out of them!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:21 PM
fb5b

Installed the BP gears in my Flux last night, hope to test on the weekend, waiting on a replacement battery box (yes I managed to snap one)

running 5s A123's
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 PM
generis

I bought the hpi upgrades and installed them and got some runs on them. I needed ALL the shims for them. All the pinion shims and all the larger ones for the ring gear bearing in order to get a nice mesh. These run very strong and quieter than the others, and I've beaten them severely landing full traction jumps on all 4 with full power and no slipper clutch (which was a pinion stripper every other time) and I have no ill effects to report. Very nice. The HPI loctite that came with the kit is useless. It's not even hard after a week. I also used 60% filling of 50,000 wt ofna diff lock in each, and it's a massive improvement in performance.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: FE_Chris

OK.... This BS about scammers and HPI handing out parts like candy and whatever is none of my concern. I simply don't care.... and have other more important things to worry about. I have little time for RC anyway, so stop clogging my favorite thread up with crap thats irrelevent to the Flux and go cry to someone else about it. this is'nt the place. And i'm talking to anyone and everyone who is'nt posting about the flux and flux related issues....grow up and get a life....

So anyone try the BP gears out yet? I'm hoping mine come tomorrow so I can toss them in this weekend and beat the snot out of them!
I won't have my gears until Monday or so and they won't be installed until Wednesday. I'll let you know then. I'll even put my ESC settings back to maximum destruction with 6S for your pleasure.

p.s-chill man.....go help the EW guys run 172 checks on those BUFFs you FE on. Then you'll know what true aggravation is. Better yet, go help them troubleshoot a waveguide leak. Just playin' man. lol
Old 10-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Freezetron

Allright, if all the haters and little piss ants are done crapping my thread, lets get back to it shall we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.