Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

3 Speed Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
squeaky penguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Speed Issues

To sum it up,

I'm either missing 1st or 2nd gear. I can't tell for sure which one, but If I were to guess it would be 2nd that is missing. Can anyone tell me what to look for. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:42 PM
TAKZILLA

Default RE: 3 Speed Issues

are you running a 3-speed? what does it do?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 AM
squeaky penguin

Yes, it is a three speed. It has fairly decent low end and I'm sure it has all the top end, that's why I think it's missing 2nd. I seems to work fine and then it shifts once and the RPMs go way down and it takes a while to accelerate.  
Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
TAKZILLA

I'm guessing it did work&this is a problem that just started.I have some famly things Ihave to go do right now,but when I get back I will see if I have a spare 3-speed.If not I will open one of mine up & try to help you out.It' great to hear from a nitro brother so close,I'm the lone wolf around here. Do you have any good places to bash up there?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 PM
squeaky penguin

Yes, the issues did just start after I took it apart. I've got an idea to fix it that I'll go try.

On the other note, I did not realize there was someone so close either. I usually drive at the BMX course here with a buddy thats got a Revo. I think we use more than any bikers do. I don't know how often your in Steamboat, but you should bring your truck out and come driving sometime.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
squeaky penguin

Well, I figured it out. It's always the simple things that get you. When I took it apart I didn't tighten the 2 to 3 shift enough so as soon as it was in second it went to third. Now its time to go bashing!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:02 PM
TAKZILLA

Glad to hear you got it fixed No problem to take a 45 min. drive to have someone to bash with!!! I don't know if you have a LHS there,so keep in mind I have a pretty good supply of spare parts,so if you ever need something just let me know! Next weekend is no good for me,but after that I will have time.stay in touch & we can pick a day.I will bring 2 or 3 trucks so we wont have to stop for repairs.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
squeaky penguin

I'll be driving tonight around 6, maybe you can make it. I know you have a hobby shop, we don't, how the seleciton? What kinds of fuel and prices?