Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

value battery setup for flux

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
twobnvd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default value battery setup for flux

I have a buddy that just bought a new savage flux but he was looking at the max amps full kit with batterys and charger. I told him there were some limks to some good batteries with a good charger on this site but I cant seem to find them for him. If you know of a goodkit (everything) or a good setup batteries andcharger that will hold up to the abuse and last can you pleasepost them he is lookinig to go with the big lipos and a good charger with saftey features as he is new to the hobby. Thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Freezetron

Default RE: value battery setup for flux

Well it aint Maxcraps thats for sure. Apparently zippys are popular for budget minded people, but i've heard of them going "poof" as well.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
CrysisFX

you could always run nimh. its not going to give you the run timeof lipo but you can get some decent 5000mah packs for about 70 bux each.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
spiftacu1ar

zippy flightmax 5000mah 3s lipos in both 25c and 30c are both cheaper than those nimhs. 25c are about $50, and 30c are about $60. Charger's from hobbycity are also cheap. Between 30 and 70 dollars depending on the model.

hobbycity.com

you will probably have to wait close to a month though, cuz they are out of stock on the 3s models.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask 10 people what packs are good and you'll probably get 10 different answers. With that said, I use soft case Zippy 3S 3500 30Cand3S 5000 30C packs without any issues. I saved a ton of money with the Zippys, and so far they have performed flawlessly, so I don't hesitate to recommend them.Anyways, whatever you choose get no less than 25C rated packs, preferably 30C or higher rated packs.

edit-I forgot to add that Ioriginally started out with the Max Amps " 4S Flux kit" when Ifirst got my Flux. Isold thosepacks when Ifirst read about the Zippy packs performance and how inexpensive they were. Fast-forward afew months and my Zippy supply is at2 4S packs(which I hardly ever use)and 83S packs of the afformentioned mah ratings.I did keep the Hyperion charger I got from Max Amps though because that charger is fool proof and very easy to use.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 AM
ArancioC5

I have 2 brand new Zippy 3s 5000 mah each 25C Li-pos ............. but dont have a need for them anymore. PM me....anyone...mamba...spiftacular......

Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 AM
ArancioC5

eh ok dont PM me these are gone already lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got here too late.