Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Another BBBV in grass Picco 28 issues?? Another Picco on an 053 pipe!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Another BBBV in grass Picco 28 issues?? Another Picco on an 053 pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another BBBV in grass Picco 28 issues?? Another Picco on an 053 pipe!

Over the weekend I broke in an engine for a friend and tossed it in my X. It was so much fun, I tossed another Clocked PIcco 28 in and ran it today. I was going to try some jumps coming out of the ditch in the first part of the video, but there is a pool of water down there and I kept soaking the air filter. Then the gnats moved in and I just could not stand it anymore, so I moved away from the locust trees to the other side of the hill.

This engine is one I bought new and sent to Supertib. He did a nice job on it and we have gone over it many times on the telephone. It just never had the low end power it should have and it would not run upside down. On top of that, when you did turn it upside down, it usually meant a blown plug. He thought maybe he cut too far, I thought it was sucking air between the crank and front bearing. I won this time! It is running cooler, tunes easier and has the low end it should have. Amazing what a poorly fitted bearing will do and yes, it was an original Picco bearing. As much as I love the Piccos, this is another issue we have run into lately.

It is all Cheech and Chong .... (grass) ... so if you do not like grass, pass on this one.

Next, I am swapping back to the 086 and see how it does on that... Glen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLA8spZgdM

Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
rotzilla

Default RE: Another BBBV in grass Picco 28 issues?? Another Picco on an 053 pipe!

another nice one glen. oooo with all those fence post i could cause some serious carnage ....
Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
BudBud

Default RE: Another BBBV in grass Picco 28 issues?? Another Picco on an 053 pipe!

I actually tried hiding from the camera behind some trees on the right and found one of those fenceposts in my blindspot. I would have left the smack in there, but apparently it happened while my camera batteries were dead. It made a lot of noise, a sickening thud, but nothing seems to be broken. Thanks for the compliment... Glen
Old 06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
3-172IN MTN

I would have loved to see another broken truck! I guess I just like making sure that I am not the only one tht breaks things incessantly.

Engine looks like it is running great. Funny how you fix mine over night and it takes you forever to get your own motor fixed. Oh well. glad to see it doing what it is supposed to do now.

Earl
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: 3-172IN MTN

I would have loved to see another broken truck! I guess I just like making sure that I am not the only one tht breaks things incessantly.

Engine looks like it is running great. Funny how you fix mine over night and it takes you forever to get your own motor fixed. Oh well. glad to see it doing what it is supposed to do now.

Earl
I know, look at everything but the obvious! I should have just changed it right off the bat when I knew it leaked there. Glen