Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI aluminum clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
barrydidntknow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI aluminum clutch?

I just got the HPI aluminum clutch shoes for my savy as the stock ones arent looking too good after the bearings on my clutch bell went bad a shredded some stuff. Wondering if I should be using the gold springs and set screws the kit includes for big block engines or is there another combination anyone knows of that will work well with my clocked P3.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HPI aluminum clutch?

i'd start off with the recomended setup then go from there, if anything you many need to add another screw or go to a stiffer spring with that motor...

the lug
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Savage_Dias

The instructions have recommended setting for the S-25 (silver springs & no set screw) The th K4.6 (gold springs & use set screws). 

I started to post this same question earlier this week but ended up going with the settings for the K4.6. I have a Wasp .26 & so far it seems to be fine. I think it's engauging a little earlier than I'd like but it might have something to do with the gearing I'm running. It's higher than I'm used to but I couldn't find anyone with a vented 15 or 16 tooth clutch bell in stock when I placed my orders. 
Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 PM
BudBud

I have been using the XL clutches from Ebay chop shops, about two gallons per clutch if the bearings do not die first. I tried Mugen flywheels, shoes and clutches as well. I bought a couple of sets of Dynamite Long Life shoes but have not tried them yet. I would think you would want the gold springs and no screws. Glen