Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

RotoStart Wont engauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Mattholew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RotoStart Wont engauge

Im having an issue with the rotostart on my XL. It wouldnt engauge, so I took it apart to inspect it, everything looked fine, so I cleaned it and reinstalled it. It worked fine, the engine started and all was well, ran the truck for a minute came back, shut it down and went to restart it and again it would not engauge. I took the glow plug out and tried it and it enguages just fine and turns the motor over like it should, reinstalled the glow plug and again it wouldnt engauge. Took it apart, cleaned it and put it back in and whallah it works again. Run the truck for a few minutes, stop and try to restart and nothing, it would engauge.

What do you think the problem is?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
bigwaltc

Default RE: RotoStart Wont engauge

What kind of fuel are you running? What is the oil% Any thing over 12% oil will make your OWB slip [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 PM
TAKZILLA

^+1^ Exactly bigwalt,after switching from traxxas fuel to BYRON never,never had another OWB slip [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=idea.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
bigwaltc

ORIGINAL: TAKZILLA

^+1^ Exactly bigwalt,after switching from traxxas fuel to BYRON never,never had another OWB slip [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=idea.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
I ran Byrons in my 5.9 sents day one until it blew up and never had a OWB problem [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Mattholew

Im on my second gallon. First Gallon was O'Donnell 20%, this second gallon is Trinity Monster which is 20% and 12% Oil.

Could it be that the 12% oil coupled with overly rich needle settings would cause this?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:51 PM
bigwaltc

ORIGINAL: Mattholew

Im on my second gallon. First Gallon was O'Donnell 20%, this second gallon is Trinity Monster which is 20% and 12% Oil.

Could it be that the 12% oil coupled with overly rich needle settings would cause this?
I think IMO its the fuel go back to O'Donnell or Byrons and go up to 30% Nitro it made a big difference in my 5.9 more power, and runs cooler you will have to re tune for it though [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
TAKZILLA

just wondering,did you have any OWB slippage before the Trinity?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Mattholew

Nope.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Mattholew

I bought another gallon of O'Donnell 20% fuel, that Trinity Monster is going on some ant hills, everyone I have talked to said......"oh, no wonder, Trinity fuel is junk, dont use it" and it all makes sense now, the engine just wasn't performing as well as on the previous gallon and tuning it was much harder.

The owner of my LHS said that he had someone buy a gallon, take it home run one tank of fuel, and bring it back to GIVE to anyone who wanted it. They put a sign on it saying free and set it up on the counter. It took two weeks for someone to take it!

Man, I just hate that I wasted $35 on that junk.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Mattholew

Problem solved and man the engine is running well again, and a LOT cooler as well. Now, to fix those dang suspension pins, I had them come loose and work there way out 4 different times today. That is a terrible design.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
TAKZILLA

[sm=teeth_smile.gif] glad to hear you are up and running,a $35.00 lesson you will never forget.
put a zip tie around the bumper braces pull it just tight enough to keep those poorly designed pin retainers in place & you should be good to go [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

yeah my monster HP has been giving me some issues tho really only if its been sitting while like it'll slip a little then once it gets running for a bit, then it'll start up fine, ahh well imo burns cleaner than dtx red alert and i have 1.5 gallons left, i just gotta use the stuff, i've had NO time to drive this summer i hate it, damn rain and having a life...

the lug
Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 PM
TAKZILLA

life is burning nitro [sm=lol.gif] but I know what you mean