Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Nova cooling head

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
ruffrider28435

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova cooling head

I have a question about the nova cooling head. I want to know is this a good are bad thing to add one to a rc engine. I just noticed saturday when i took my nova head off my axial engine and installed the stock head it start running better. I know the nova heads are good for keeping your engine cool. Mine was running a little to cool around 170 in the middle of summer after a full tank of fuel.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Nova cooling head

IMO Aftermarket cooling heads are for bling or for an alternative for stock cooling heads when stock heads aren't available or are too expensive. They are not a crutch; if you have tuning problems, a cooling head isn't a good idea because it can be just a band aide for the real problem. Ya, 170 is definitely too cool. You should be able to lean your truck out and get the temps up though; I have never seen an engine that ran too cool if it was leaned out.

I have run Nova and ACNCM cooling heads for the bling factor and they worked fine. I didn't have problems with running too cool though. I resort to stock cooling heads normally and definitely when I am going for peak performance.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Parputt537

In my experience it gave me a false sense of security. At the glow plug the temp was way down, but if I checked the temp under the head at the cylinder it was still pretty hot. I now just run the stock heads that come on my LRP's.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
MTpockets

i have one on my revo 3.3 and its never run better. ive never had tuning issues, just liked the way it looked when i bought it. i like it alot and will put one on my savage when i get a new motor.