Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

DIRT WARS '09 ROUND LAKE BEACH IL 9-20

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 AM
zr2berger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRT WARS '09 ROUND LAKE BEACH IL 9-20

Fraternal Order of

Police

Round Lake Beach

Police

Lodge 97

Presents

DIRT WARS '09

SEPTEMBER 20, 2009

<dir><dir></dir></dir>

REGISTRATION OF 1ST VEHICLE $40

REGISTRATION OF ADDITIONAL $20

REGISTER BY EMAIL OR PHONE BY 9/18 AND SAVE $5 ON EACH CAR REGISTERED

WHERE: ROUND LAKE AREA PARK DISTRICT RC TRACK (BEHIND KOHLS) 1991 N ORCHARD LANE ROUND LAKE BEACH IL

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 224-656-3658 OR EMAIL [email protected]

THANKS

REGISTRATION 9AM TO 10AM

PRACTICE 10AM TO NOON

RACES START AT NOON

RAFFLES AND PRIZES THROUGHOUT THE DAY

1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD PLACE IN EACH CLASS AWARDED

TUG OF WAR, ELECTRIC WARS, NITRO WARS, STADIUM TRUCK WARS, MONSTER TRUCK WARS, AND MORE

Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 AM
SLAYERDUDE

Default RE: DIRT WARS '09 ROUND LAKE BEACH IL 9-20

If it's run by the coppers they can suck it!!!
If you run it they can also suck it!
If the city is going to get my money they can ...you guess...suck it!!!
I'm not guessing it is the cops that came up with this idea..
But it's sponsored by and for the cops...I.E. Police
I never encountered the Round lake cops but I haveheard they are quite intolerant
And may consider us "gang bangers"
I don't want to go to jail.
I have spent some time in Lake County and it was fun while I was there,
but would not send any well wishers on that journey.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:25 AM
zr2berger

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

If it's run by the coppers they can suck it!!!
If you run it they can also suck it!
If the city is going to get my money they can ...you guess...suck it!!!
I'm not guessing it is the cops that came up with this idea..
But it's sponsored by and for the cops...I.E. Police
I never encountered the Round lake cops but I haveheard they are quite intolerant
And may consider us "gang bangers"
I don't want to go to jail.
I have spent some time in Lake County and it was fun while I was there,
but would not send any well wishers on that journey.
Slyer dude, if your gonna make comments, I hope you have facts to back it up but let me ask you this:
You have never encounter the Round Lake Police, which this isnt for Round Lake Police. What you hear and what you experience youself is two different things, I hear things all the time about different things, but I want to experience for myself before I make any assumptions.......and to say "oh they may consider us gang bangers"...Come on dude seriously!! Grow up!! Jeez, if you dont want to come...coool, no biggie, but you know Police have a job to do, and their all human, and have seen many many many good officers, and have seen some incredible stories of things officers have done.....are there bad officers out there, yes!! But theres also plenty of other ones who are amazing guys and good people!! Dont judge a book by its cover, but you seem like someone who is set in their ways, but if you see it that way, thanks for taking the time to look. Remember though, if someone robbed you, or does something to you or your family, who you gonna call......hopefully not the people you said could suck it!!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Foxtrap

"Gang Bangers" ? lol

I don't know anyone personally here on this site....But I bet Bud Bud doesn't wear "colors" and has only fired a registered firearm...if any....I myself don't love "cops"....not the local RNC here in Newfoundland anyway.....but going on local forums and telling them to "suck it" does nothing for your style or "panache" points.....

don't like it?....don't go....I wish there were events like this here in my local area....and even if it was hosted by the FBI/CIA/RCMP/OPP/CSIS, or even CIS Miami!! ....I would be happy to go

relax...and more importantly.....Respect

Cheers
Stephen_
Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
SLAYERDUDE

Okay I flew off the handle a little there but my little brother just got thrown in jail for litterally doing nothing, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I'm a little sore at the po po.
I can't afford to be in the wrong place at the wrong time right now as I am a homeowner.

Remember though, if someone robbed you, or does something to you or your family, who you gonna call......hopefully not the people you said could suck it!!
As far as that goes I woke up at 2AM to find some stranger beating up my roommate IN OUR HOUSE a few years ago.
I not so kindly showed the guy out the back door breaking his nose in the process and guess who went to jail...
Me, and it cost me over $1500 to go thru court for defending my house after a man that I did not know forcefully entered my house and attacked another member of my household.
This man also threatened us by phone several times and said his biker boys were going to "hit" our house.
The police did nothing..
I don't suggest defending yourself around these parts unless you have plenty of cash for a lawyer.
But the police won't help you either so...

Sorry for ranting in your thread but the police are a sore spot with me right now.
If this is considered political I apologise and feel free to mod me.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
zr2berger

Slayerdude.....No need to apoloigize, and trust me i can certainly understand where your coming from...I can tell you this...not all law enforcement are bad people, not all are perfect, and not all are nice people. I myself have been on my off time in other towns and have said hello to some and they just ignore you.....but you know I have been called lots of names and have had lots of people hate me....its the job and certainly understand it. I dont know the situation around what happened with you and the guy breaking into your house, and im sorry that happened to you, but you know i am one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, when i go to work, i get paid to enforce certain rules and laws. I dont expect people to be happy with receiving a ticket, I know i get mad when I get one....but what makes the job worth while is the times where you can make an impact on people, and ive seen it time and time again. I am not saying ive never made a mistake, I am human...but I am an avid lover I repeat Lover of the RC community and I like what I do, and want to bring the RC world into the good side of law enforcment and show people that hey were all great people, we just have a job to do sometimes. But trust me, I understand where your coming from!! I really do, and it sucks because unfortunately, theres always one person who has a bad experience with an officer, and now were all equivalant to that person. I hope that helps and if you need anything, shoot me a message of pm. Like I said, Im a very great guy, and Im always open to talk to anyone and help anyone I can. Right now, and some people dont know it, but law enforcment and fire departments are fighting to keep afloat. Theres many departments by us that are getting laid off. Not sure if theyh are by you but its not a good thing. Hope this helps a little

Berger
Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Cool man, thanks for understanding where I come from.
Again, I do apologise because I don't know you or your fellow officers and had no right to go off on you for the actions of others I have had experience with.

Sincerely, SLAYER
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All right now guys and gals, I have removed a lot of not needed post's. Please resist the urge to take the subject matter and turn it into your personal soap box about other issue's. Dave
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think those objections were valid, the registration price is steep, so people wanted to know what kind of prizes were offered. No disrespect but it definitely makes it clearer for those wanting to attend.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 PM
MGT

$35 is not a lot...and if it is..your in the wrong hobby lol..count me in for sure..Ive got my 8lb. revo with a fresh .18Tz on 30% and my flux on a more controlable 4S 5000mAh.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
zr2berger

Ok I completly understand what your asking, and I can tell you this.....We are working on really great prizes....We have a business donating trophies, and Im trying to get cash donated for a dash for cash tournament....remember, you will be able to race in as many catagories as you would like, and its for a great cause.....Im gonna try to get a car or truck as a grand prize for something, so come out, have some fun, and hopefully win some prizes
Old 09-07-2009, 11:40 PM
tantaran69
My Feedback: (3)

I'm in, and MGT is right $35.00 is nothing on this hobby.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 AM
zr2berger

If your in please send me an email with your name, your address, phone number how many cars your entering, how many drivers, the cars ur entering. Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
zr2berger

This event is going to be broadcasted tomorrow on 95 will rock!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM
zr2berger

Track is 100% done and ready for us.........Track is bad *****
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
zr2berger

Just to update everyone, Some of the prizes include a custom painted slash, a slash, a traxxas nitro powerd truck(TBD Friday when shipment comes in) a spectrum DX2.0 Radio, gift certificates for resturants, and still working ona few more cars as prizes!!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ZR2 - What is the location for this event ?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
zr2berger

Its on the first post but Its at the New Round Lake Beach RC Track...Behind the kohls....Orchard drive and hook drive
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Looks like you guys have got it together! Very impressive considering this is the first event.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 AM
zr2berger

Thanks