Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Gearing

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 PM
savageed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing

I have a Savage x and Have 40 series mohab tire ive lost alot of speed so i bought a 15 tooth clutch bell instead of the 17 that comes on it is this to much and should i changemy shift point . Im trying to get it to about where it was stock but run the big tires is this going to be possible.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:46 AM
sparky 25

Default RE: Gearing

I have the 15t clutchbell fitted to my xss in place of the 17t clutchbell, im using the stock 47t spur,

and running 40 series wheels and the truck is allround faster than it was with stock wheels and 17t clutchbell,

maybe if your running the stock engine the larger wheels are too much for it to drive?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Revomad1

Default RE: Gearing

The MOABS are too heavy. Even if you can get them geared properly, you will have a hard time getting the brakes to slow the truck down due to the excessive rotating mass. I would try a 52 tooth spur gear also.