Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

new venom failsafe

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Dman250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new venom failsafe

Hello,
The other day when i was driving my savage my transmitter and receiver lost connection; of course my throttle was wide open, but you know what happened after that. I decided to go buy a fail safe and the guy from the hobby store strongly recommend a $50 venom fail safe that moniters temperature and all; so i bought it. Got home; read the instructions and installed it. Any way enough of that, my question is how accurate are these at their readings? it reads my temperature around 270 and the thing seems like its nice and rich, i mean plenty of blue smoke and does not sound lean what so ever; i never even touched the low speed it seemed to be fine, idk if lean low speed causes high temps or what, but whatever. Another thing i noticed was my truck couldnt get 40 feet from me before the fail safe had it doing stoppies; then again my the antenna on my truck isnt exactly sticking straight up. After about 40-60 feet is when it lost control the other day.

So i guess just leave your opinions or reviews about the fail safe, and what not.
Try and help me as much as possible before i break something else. Thx
Old 09-21-2009, 06:35 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Default RE: new venom failsafe

40-60 feet is no range at all.
I would check for a break in the antenna wire.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

try changing you TX batts and maybe check your RX batts also is your antenna tube busted i'd get a new one you want at least 10in of anntenna strait up this will help your range a TON i busted my tube (the wire was fine) on my B4 i went from couldn't see it to, 100 or so feet maybe less

the lug
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
DaveG55

100' is nothing really. Heck, even my stock Traxxas radios will get 100 yards or so. It gets far enough away that I have trouble seeing it well enough to control. Not that it loses control, just that at that distance it's hard to tell what it's doing.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Dman250

Well that may be my problem. The picco broke my antenna tube a long time ago from flipping. Now I use a bandy straw that kinda lays down. I'll get a new tube and see.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
bigwaltc

I run my antenna tube under the body so it wont get beat up that's not your problem check for a bad wire [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Dman250

I dont know exactly how to check for a bad wire; do you mean cuts or breaks in the wire? I looked at it and it looks fine; its a Futuba radio and receiver and the receiver wire is really long so i got most of it wrapped up in the electronics box. Dont think it should matter if wire has bends in it. Im going to try to buy a new antenna tube and use most the the antenna to see if it helps.