Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

5.9 motor done

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
otistheworm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.9 motor done

My 5.9 motor just blew up as expected. What is the best motor replacement for the XL? Also which ever motor you recommend tell me what else i would need to install it.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
bigwaltc

Default RE: 5.9 motor done

My choice would be the LRP.30 that's what I run Its a great engine tons of power easy to tune. It runs the best with a 053 pipe I run a Ofna like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNUL5&P=SM The fly wheel,clutch, and cb will bolt right up make sure you use the HPI 5.9 collet http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLF6&P=Z [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
bigwaltc

Sorry for your luck with the 5.9 but you will love the LRP.30 [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
otistheworm

Yeah my second 5.9 lol and thanks for the advice and is your name walter by any chance? lol
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
bigwaltc

No problem Bro. And yes that's my name why? [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
otistheworm

Same here haha lmfao i saw walt and i was like i wonder haha lol
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
otistheworm

So what other cars do you have?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
bigwaltc

I have 4 XL's one I bought new the other 3 were X's that I converted into XL's I have a Tower terror Redcat Monsoon Redcat Tornado and I'm working on getting a Baja 5T gaser [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM
otistheworm

Kool kool i just got 1 xl and planning on buying another one but parents dont want me to cause im 15 and im going to drive so they want me to save up for the real thing lol. Also me and me dad are gonna build a drag when he knows i wont waste anymore money on this stuff haha, idk what to do
Old 10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
bigwaltc

Well I'm 45 and still wasting money on this stuff once it gets in your blood its hard to get out [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
otistheworm

Yup but no one is in to it besides me my dad just helps my tune and stuff. all im gonna do when i get older is drag race real cars and race rc's, sounds like the high life to me lol
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

I started with a Street Force GP and spent a total of $2,000 on it, including the car, all the maintenance, gas, plugs, EVERYTHING. My dad wanted me to save for things for my real car...so I did, put and easy $5,000+ into it, including mainly handling upgrades such as suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, and a decent amount of n/a bolt-ons. The car was definitely fun to drive and I kept a very subtle look to it, so most people didn't know what hit them. [8D] Not bragging that I had a 10 second car, but it was quicker than the majority on the road, and I added things so that I can take the turns and stick to the road (I get more of an adrenaline rush FEELING side to side instead of getting slammed back into the seat and going straight ...I respect all sports, and to each his own .............NOW, I sold everything off the car and have a Savage X4.6 with a few mods, a Savage XL that I built from scratch, 1/16 Revo VXL, and my retired shelf-queen Street Force.

So I started small, went to 1/1 cars, then came back with more of a bang to the r/c world...and I will definitely go back into 1/1 cars with a MUCH greater bang, just holding off for a few things in life to play out like I want them.

Alright, so who's next on their quickie auto-biography?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 AM
wolfie1

Well, my turn, my turn lol! Well when i was about 12 me and my dad were into rc boats (there is 7 of them) but i thought they took too long to build so i started on the rc cars i had about 6 of them including a bike and that was fine until i was 17 until i lost my dad and got more interested in racing real cars illegally which landed me in lot of bother. Then about 2 years ago i lost my mum so my now x girlfriend bought me a Himoto monster truck to cheer me up then we split up about 2 year later and since i have been back into rc cars and loving it i also have an xl and am thinkin about buying an rc bike just now oh and i am 32 years old and work as a motor mechanic and have done for the past 16 years. Right whos next!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 AM
aussiexl59

well i live in oz and have a mate who was a champion rc racer.he used to race electric road cars.he told me that electric was the only way to go and that nitro was messy,noisy and more hassle than it was worth.i knew nothing bout rc so i wanted an electric monster truck.then i got a new job and my boss had a few rc cars.he gave me ago of his emaxx and i thort it was sweet.while i was playin with that he started up his jato...that truck blew me the hell away!!!the sheer speed,the noise,the smell...after that i was hooked on nitro.all i could afford that day was a bsd racing oversized tyred truck.i gave me nothin but trouble,was hard to tune,always broke but i knew i needed more...so i went and bought an xl.it cost me all my pay and i got in the **** with the woman but i didnt give a **** hey! the best toy i have eva eva eva bought!!! now 4 of my mates have nitro trucks and all up we have10 nitro beasties.my electric racer mate still swears by electric stuff.i love this hobby and have nitro in my blood.i can smell it now...its like my shed i callin me...i really want a baja and think that hpi is god and their factory is heaven...