Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Lug's Radio Box Mod (with some pics :D )

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:52 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lug's Radio Box Mod (with some pics :D )

Here's a mod i did about a week ago to my radio box, i got annoyed when i found my rx wires all crunched and my RX case cracked... so i broke out the dremel and i opened up a bit more space... i updated some of the pics but they're much darker (no flash) so i'll post up both

i started out by cutting the box that encloses the reverse servo, seeing as i had just pulled reverse i didn't need it and i left the screw holes so i could go back if i wanted,

but of course this leaves us with a big hole in our RX box so i took an old servo cover and bolted it in i also took an old ouput gear and glued that in place where it would be on a functional servo and chopped off the horn, cuz its just one more place for dirt,

then i realized hey i can't mount my tray that held my on/off RX and antenna, i tackled the antenna first

i simply chopped off the part that held the antenna and found it fit very nicely in the hole that it'd exit from i ca'd all contact points i could and it works great another outside pic

with that all take care of i needed to get the on off switch dealt with, i saw the slot for the power level indicator and got thinking... and this is the result i used a bit of plastic from a parts container (duratrax 5X8 BB's 2x) and put two holes in it with some screws

interior see the cracked RX V

exterior

i really like how this came out its WAY easier to work on and open/close you only gotta line that latch thing up once, annoying things you kinda pull the RX out when you pull open then lid because of the antenna wire but most antenna tubes are big enough on the side to allow easy removal of the wire, if yours is hard get a set of the duratrax multi colored ones i've never broken them even in the cold, also another thing that pulls is the RX pack because its stuck to the switch on the lid but its still worth it, super easy swich access and FAR more space than before i'm really glad i did this if you have any question feel free to PM me or post um, sorry about the fuzzy pics i couln't get um any better, just too close and i couldn't get the detail from far away,

the lug

Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
aussiexl59

Default RE: Lug's Radio Box Mod (with some pics :D )

nice work.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:41 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The first 3 pics are very hard to see. Can you put up clearer pics? I want to try this mod too.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Yep, the pictures (Especially the first 3) are out of focus and contain way too much noise. I would suggest backing up from the truck (You can always crop the pics later), turning the flash off, and using better lighting in the room. If your camera has it, macro is a nice feature to use.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Just using the macro button will fix the blurry close-up pictures. It's the one with the flower on it.

Good post lug!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i'll try i took them at different times so idk weather i was on macro for the first three or not but i'll go take some better ones now, or try to...

got um up

the lug