Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

engine cutting off

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:58 AM
richardtf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine cutting off

okay i'll try to explain it as clear as possible

when i hit a full throttle with my savage xl it speeds up,change gears...but when i remove my finger from the throttle the engine shuts down.
i know its not the idle co'z thers more than 1mm opening in the carb i think its 3mm.again i'll start the truck let it idle for 10 seconds and i'll make one speed run..after removing my finger from the throttle the engine shuts down...dont know whats wrong with it[]

thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: engine cutting off

Check to make sure the midrange scew hasnt moved. It needs to be flush with the carb body.

It aslo sounds like you could be a issue with the low speed needle. If you have to have the carb cracked that far opean to keep it idling then then the LSN needle is deffinatly miss tuned.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 AM
wolfie1

it sounds like ur running lean
Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the above posts. Try richening your LSN about 1/4 turn and see what's happening.

You may have to also richen the HSN, but I'd start with the LSN

Also, are you sure that when you put the brakes on, the carb doesn't close a bit more? Could be if you let off the trigger too fast, it sort of bounces a bit and starts to put the brakes on closing the carb a bit more. Carb sholdn't close when brakes are put on.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
richardtf

Yes i checked the brakes, it has a big opening, and when i try adjusting the high speed needle, it won't shift gears. I think that means i'm running rich, and I put sealant on the mid range screw.