Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Is the hpi savage flux any good???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
stampedevxl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the hpi savage flux any good???

Hey, I'm looking to get one of these things and was wondering if they are good and durable trucks. If I get one I will be jumping the hell out of it so it has to be durable. I'm coming from a stampede vxl and that broke every weekend so Ireally want it to be durable. How does it compare to the e-maxx Bl??????

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: Is the hpi savage flux any good???

if you are going to be "jumping the hell out it" i would get the flux or the e revo, but not the emaxx
Old 02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing compares to the Savage Flux.........................
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
mubus

the flux is very similar to a savage, and savages are known for durability. but a flux can also be expensive depending on the batteries you use cuz a really high voltage battery will result in broken pinions. i own a xl not a flux but this is what i have been hearing.
all in all flux is very durable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeRysc6u_A8

lol the guy ripped the wheel off its axial / hub what ever u call it
Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
stampedevxl

E-Revo????? how is that going to soak up the jump better than the e-maxx???E-Revo has littler ground clearence and bottoms out easily, e-maxx is opposite
ORIGINAL: CR500rider

if you are going to be "jumping the hell out it" i would get the flux or the e revo, but not the emaxx
Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: stampedevxl

E-Revo????? how is that going to soak up the jump better than the e-maxx??? E-Revo has littler ground clearence and bottoms out easily, e-maxx is opposite

if you are going to be ''jumping the hell out it'' i would get the flux or the e revo, but not the emaxx
purple springs and the LT rockers = lots of ground clearance and stiffer suspension. thats what i run on mine and all i do is jump usually. Out of the box the e revo is pretty much setup for racing, but included in the box when you buy the truck is another set of rockers and stiffer springs. the included springs are not purple but you can buy a set off ebay for cheap
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM
stampedevxl

E-Revo????? how is that going to soak up the jump better than the e-maxx???E-Revo has littler ground clearence and bottoms out easily, e-maxx is opposite

if you are going to be ''jumping the hell out it'' i would get the flux or the e revo, but not the emaxx
purple springs and the LT rockers = lots of ground clearance and stiffer suspension. thats what i run on mine and all i do is jump usually. Out of the box the e revo is pretty much setup for racing, but included in the box when you buy the truck is another set of rockers and stiffer springs. the included springs are not purple but you can buy a set off ebay for cheap
can't you do the same for the maxx( not the rockers though obviosly??
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 PM
CR500rider

E-Revo????? how is that going to soak up the jump better than the e-maxx??? E-Revo has littler ground clearence and bottoms out easily, e-maxx is opposite

can't you do the same for the maxx??
ya you can make the maxx have stiffer suspension but it will still not be as tough as a savage or even a revo for that matter. i personally do not like the maxx trucks, and have broken them MANY MANY times. Didnt break my savage 25 for almost 6 months, and have yet to break anything on my e revo, but ive only had it for 2 months so far.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you go with the flux I was told to do one of the 2 by the LHS I goto:
Either pick up some 5mm thick aftermarket TVP's or buy a 2nd set of Flux TVP's and double them up (the TVPs are like $20ish on ebay). And no the LHS wasn't trying to sell me any seeing I don't own one and the clerk knew that, we were just talking about some of the pics of the chassis's bending in the same spots that I've seen on the net near the motor. HE was also saying he's seen a fair amount come in for repair with a bend in the same spot. But thats for doing massive jumps, normal driving won't bend it
Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
mubus

repairing broken parts suck especially if u got a hobby shop over pricing everything like mine =(
this is so random but imagine walmart selling rc parts... that would be the best thing ever!!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
4wdmt

The Flux rock stock! You don't need upgrading with this truck. It can take a beating. Just replace that glitch prone AM to 2.4 and be amazed! even on 4S power.