Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Great day bashing integy crap

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 AM
jeepster820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great day bashing integy crap

First run today using byrons 30% as advisedon this forum at local bmx track engine running fantastic out for 2 hours longest time out yet . Only problems i had was the integy super duty turnbuckles snapped 3 and had to replace with stock. I bought these before i joined this forum thinking they was a good make now i now why people say integy stuff is crapp will never buy integy again
Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: Great day bashing integy crap

a hard lesson learned is always best! hahaha j/k
Old 04-24-2010, 05:22 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tend to stay away from Integy stuff. They do make some decent tools though. Other than that forget about it. Lnford Racing makes some strong turnbuckles. Worth the price. So far though the stock stuff is holdpng up very, vrery well.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Joe_B

Ya its to bad they cant put a little more effort into making a good reliable product, people have been bashing Integy for years and they havent done anything to improve it. They buy cheap materials and always have to make their parts out of and i guess will continue to do so as we keep buying the crap...to bad bud i hope you find a better product for your bashing needs.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one clerk at my LHS warns people about integy when they ask for it.
One guy came in for more integy shocks. he broke 3 after a jump. The clerk told him to go home and slap his stock savage shocks on it. Than told him Integy is only good if you want to make a pretty(and expensive) shelf decoration. BTW he was standing in front of a wall of integy crap while he said that Then the guy asked why they carry it his response was cause some people will always buy the crap even though they were warned, cause they see something shiny.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 AM
jeepster820

Thats true but when i bought mine i thought it was good quality but now i have learnt my lesson. I also bent the shock towers yesterday but just bent them back going to buy the flm shock towers with losi stand off has anyone used these. I have the integy piggyback shocks witch are working fine now i have bought some rc raven springs but definitely listen to you guys in the future

Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 AM
wolfie1

hey jeepster the good integy bits to get are things like an engine mount, engine plate, fuel tank guard, chassis supports, bits which dont get a bend or need to flex
Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 AM
jeepster820

cheers mate already have the chassis supports but dont need tank guard as i have mid tank mod
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM
wolfie1

does that work good, it looks like a lot of hassle to fit
Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 AM
jeepster820

yes it works great not to bad to fit and no mid tank lean
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 AM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

I don't see how they stay in buisness with the quality of the products they make / sell.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
jeepster820

i also managed to shim my diffs after thinking they was bust i bought the truck of ebay but the diffs had never been shimmed worked fine for the 2 hours anyway lets see how much longer they last
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jbooker82

I don't see how they stay in buisness with the quality of the products they make / sell.
probably the same way venom racing does fleece new ppl that enter the market with their over priced crap.

I have the integy tank guard mainly cause I almost crushed my tank once (missed it by about half an inch). Its simple enough to be functional, and seeing nothing was there before hand its not replacing a vital part. I also have a integy motor mount was on my truck when I got it used, I'd never buy it personally.