Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

New power for the X... Force 28

Old 08-19-2010, 05:39 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New power for the X... Force 28

I have always wanted to try one of these 28s, I would like to try a 32 as well. When I found out that Supertib was going to start selling the Ofna 28s with a mild basher modification, I had to try one. I was supposed to run it today, but the temperatures were soaring and I had some personal conflicts come up. I am kind of excited to give this engine a try. I checked out their website and do not see this black headed Ofna Force 28 listed. Hopefully, before the weekend is done, I will have some video to share. It seems like life keeps pulling me away from my plans for the day. Glen

Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 PM
BurninValves

Default RE: New power for the X... Force 28

Can't wait, keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
steed2-inactive

hopefully its not designed like the ofna 26 eh glen....
Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bud, looks like a late 70's Jimmy in the background?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Looks good BudBud!

You're gonna need one of these in green for that hoss

Old 08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: alvinl

Bud, looks like a late 70's Jimmy in the background?
I have two of those, both 1986 Blazers, the military version, M1009. 6.2 diesel, turbo 400, lockers in the rear, ugly colors, but I like them. 8)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 PM
BudBud

I drove it around for a while today, initial outlook is good. It starts easily, idles nicely, and seems to be snappy off idle and through the mid range. It was warming up rapidly, so I need to run a few more tanks through. I had my camera, but my camera thief got my tripod too. Sounds and tunes like an F4.6, imagine that! I think I have a free day tomorrow, so maybe I can run it some more. My weekend got shot with family issues, today I ran a little over two tank through. Even running rich and being very tight, it was popping wheelies over the wheelie bar, but my F4.5 engines did that too during break in. I am looking forward to running it. Glen

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41425.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1490330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16530.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1490331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68451.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1490332  
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I like the looks of that engine. My question is, is it worth it money wise to buy a Modded Force .28 over something like a stock Picco .28? The force is $150 new at nitrohouse, and the Picco is $200 new. I didnt do much looking around at prices, but im sure they are going to be around $50 apart most places.

Eric
Old 08-25-2010, 08:54 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I like the looks of that engine. My question is, is it worth it money wise to buy a Modded Force .28 over something like a stock Picco .28? The force is $150 new at nitrohouse, and the Picco is $200 new. I didnt do much looking around at prices, but im sure they are going to be around $50 apart most places.

Eric

the modified Force 28 will be about $160.00 ! ...it wont be no modified Picco, but for the price it will be a killer engine !
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
cummins driver

Thats not bad then. If it turns out to be a great running and lasting engine, I would consider a modded one If the Axial ever dies I wouldnt be after something wicked anyways, just something that has nice crisp throttle response, and some good torque and RPM.

Seeing as im fixing to get married though, it may be a while before i can afford much. lol

Eric
Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
BudBud

Thats not bad then. If it turns out to be a great running and lasting engine, I would consider a modded one If the Axial ever dies I wouldnt be after something wicked anyways, just something that has nice crisp throttle response, and some good torque and RPM.

Seeing as im fixing to get married though, it may be a while before i can afford much. lol

Eric
Congrats man! Which one is the victim? I consider my ife to be the victim, she could have done sooooo much better. 8) Glen
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: BudBud

Congrats man! Which one is the victim? I consider my ife to be the victim, she could have done sooooo much better. 8) Glen
Thanks Glen! Oh, Im the one that made out good for sure! lol She puts up with all my hobbies(RC's, Diesel Trucks, 4 wheeling) and is pretty good about it. [8D] We have been dating for almost 3 years, and are getting married October 2nd. Pretty excited to get out on my own though. haha

Eric
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 AM
wolfie1

a hobby shop here in the uk called modelsport uk does them engines there is also a .36 version which i considered buying before i bought the lrp, i am still considering it to put in my cen gst cause the original isint very good
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Nesal

Congrats man! I just graduated from college, am moving to the Dominican Republic to work and moving in with my girlfriend, THERE! Lot of changes at the same time LOL
Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
brio

ORIGINAL: supertib

Eric

the modified Force 28 will be about $160.00 ! ...it wont be no modified Picco, but for the price it will be a killer engine !
But..will it be as powerful as a stock Picco 28?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:41 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: brio

ORIGINAL: supertib

Eric

But..will it be as powerful as a stock Picco 28?
depends on the timing of the Picco 28...as they come from factory with a variety of different timings....it will be more powerful then a low timed Picco 28, but less powerful then a high timed Picco 28.......But that really shouldn't matter as people wan't an easy to tune, simple powerful engine to run....look how popular the LRP 30 is these days, and its nowhere near as powerful and fast as the Picco 28...

Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Tib, will this engine outpower the 6 port SH28s and the 30? What pipe should go on it, an 053?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Tib, will this engine outpower the 6 port SH28s and the 30? What pipe should go on it, an 053?

not sure yet, but the plan is to outperform all the SH engine options...pipe selection is still being determined....The Force should tune better too as it has a insulated carb design....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:48 PM
BudBud

So far, I am running the 053 and this thing has punch. Too early to go comparing it to LRPs or Piccos, but I can tell you it tunes super easy and it starts excellent hot. I do not think I have any air leaks, it is rich, but it has been running hot. Maybe it is not as rich as I think since it runs for a long time on a tank of fuel. Before long I will forget the temp gun and run it hard. Still at that being cautious stage. It is smooth and it is snappy, whether it has a lot of speed has yet to be seen. Glen
Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 PM
BudBud

The temperatures took a dive this afternoon, running cooler with every run. I was leaning on it pretty hard and it was running around 230 to 250. Speed is picking up as well. It is easy starting and really idles nicely. I broke the throttle linkage on the servo, actually not broke, just worn out. The center of the throttle arm slipped over the screw head, leaving me with no throttle, just a nice idle. I would have bet good money that I had any part I needed for a Savage, not that one. I have about ten of the lower halves. Off to seek parts....
Old 08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
cummins driver

You can use a longer screw with a washer if you need to on that. I have done that before myself[8D]
Old 08-29-2010, 06:32 PM
BurninValves

Any more news on the Ofna Bud? eager to see how its treating you, and if you have that thing broken in yet?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:15 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: BudBud

I drove it around for a while today, initial outlook is good. It starts easily, idles nicely, and seems to be snappy off idle and through the mid range. It was warming up rapidly, so I need to run a few more tanks through. I had my camera, but my camera thief got my tripod too. Sounds and tunes like an F4.6, imagine that! I think I have a free day tomorrow, so maybe I can run it some more. My weekend got shot with family issues, today I ran a little over two tank through. Even running rich and being very tight, it was popping wheelies over the wheelie bar, but my F4.5 engines did that too during break in. I am looking forward to running it. Glen

Not to derail the the thread, but what's that triangle-y thing stuck on the side of that Blazer do?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Not to derail the the thread, but what's that triangle-y thing stuck on the side of that Blazer do?
The triangle is what the military mounted their radio antennas to. These things had a huge mast mounted on that triangle.

I fixed my linkage and broke a differential, sounds like a rear pinion, did a wheelie into a hole and got it started in a cartwheel. I wish I had an on board camera for one of those, they always look so violent. I have the parts, I just have not replaced them. I am also swapping to an 086 pipe. I am loving the quick starts and easy tuning. It is getting stronger as I run it, looks like a winner, unless the parts are not up to the extra load put on by the mods. It sure is fun to mess with, I will probably be trying to talk Tib into doing a 32 or if the 36 rumor is true, a 36 to play with. My son just got a job at Game Stop, so I am guessing I better buy a tripod.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
BChiz

Hey BudBud, when are we going to see some video of that new Force engine? I have been pondering on possibly getting one from Tib. Let us see it in action. Later

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.