Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Just ordered my flux

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
savycharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my flux

I just wanted to say that i just ordered my flux off of ebay brand new . I am anxious to get it as everyone is when they order a new kit. I went to hobbyking and go two zippy lightmax 2s 5000mAh 40c lipo batteries. I also ordered the castle creations programming link for the esc and a deans series connector.

When i get all of that stuff i will be ready to go
Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Freezetron

Default RE: Just ordered my flux

Welcome....to the Flux side

Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

And welcome to the flux killer....

Just kidding... But these big 1/8 brushless MT's are a lot of fun. Especially on the hills Im sure you will be happy with your Flux.

Eric
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: savycharlie

I just wanted to say that i just ordered my flux off of ebay brand new . I am anxious to get it as everyone is when they order a new kit. I went to hobbyking and go two zippy lightmax 2s 5000mAh 40c lipo batteries. I also ordered the castle creations programming link for the esc and a deans series connector.

When i get all of that stuff i will be ready to go
It already comes wired to run the batteries in a series..
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

stop makin me jealous!!!
[sm=punching.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
enjoy it man!!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

stop makin me jealous!!!
[sm=punching.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
enjoy it man!!
Don't you have a Flux?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Brainanator

no, I do not.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
savycharlie

Thanks guys and t9dragon thank you for telling me that, i had no idea. Its a good thing i didnt order the series connector yet.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:16 PM
savycharlie

Ok, so i got my flux today and im so happy! But theres one SLIGHT problem.... i havent recieved my batteries from hobbyking yet lol. I ordered the batteries the same time i ordered my flux. So im kinda frustrated because i have a beautiful truck sitting in my room but it has not been driven. Anyways i took two of my dads helicopter batteries and i tried to plug them in and see if it would work. I plugged one in and no problem, and then i go to plug the other one in and it sparked like ****! The packs are "GE POWER" 11.1v 2200mah 20c 3s lipos. And then i tried switching them around to the opposite sides and it still sparked. Is this something i should be worried about? When i went to plug the other one in the esc made the noise but it sparked. So the esc is not fried but im just curious.

Thanks for any of the input

savycharlie
Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so i got my flux today and im so happy! But theres one SLIGHT problem.... i havent recieved my batteries from hobbyking yet lol. I ordered the batteries the same time i ordered my flux. So im kinda frustrated because i have a beautiful truck sitting in my room but it has not been driven. Anyways i took two of my dads helicopter batteries and i tried to plug them in and see if it would work. I plugged one in and no problem, and then i go to plug the other one in and it sparked like ****! The packs are ''GE POWER'' 11.1v 2200mah 20c 3s lipos. And then i tried switching them around to the opposite sides and it still sparked. Is this something i should be worried about? When i went to plug the other one in the esc made the noise but it sparked. So the esc is not fried but im just curious.

Thanks for any of the input

savycharlie
umm don't run those batteries you will utterly destroy em in seconds the Flux can pull over 120amps those batteries can supply 44amps

The sparking is at the plug right?
If it is its not a big deal its just alot of voltage making a circuit. Same thing actually happens when you plug electronics into the wall if you look carefully.

Now if its the ESC shooting sparks (which I doubt they just start on fire ) than you would have an issue
Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM
savycharlie

haha ya that would be bad! And no its the plugs.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

haha ya that would be bad! And no its the plugs.
that is no issue then it happens with high voltage items, and whenever you close a circuit it just varies in intesity
Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
savycharlie

I have had my flux for 5 days now and i still havent gotten to run it. I ordered them from hobby king over a week ago. Have you ordered batteries from them and it taken this long?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Brainanator

What shipping did you use? If you didn't use the 3-day, then you'll be waiting for a week or so more. They are on the other side of the world.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
savycharlie

damnit! Iremember someone saying that you should use the three day shipping. When i went to order them i didnt remeber that. I didnt do the three day shipping.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

damnit! Iremember someone saying that you should use the three day shipping. When i went to order them i didnt remeber that. I didnt do the three day shipping.
well last time I chose normal shipping from HK it took my package 14 days to get here from the day it shipped.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Freezetron

What shipping did you use? If you didn't use the 3-day, then you'll be waiting for a week or so more. They are on the other side of the world.
1 week? Try 3 weeks in my case for international air to give my Turnigy lipos. Whata joke, i'll never do that again
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Brainanator

I never do the 3 day (i'm cheap, and don't mind waiting) Best I do is the EMS express (bout a week or so, and 2nd fastest I think?). But most often I go for the standard air mail (2-4 weeks).

And to freeze, he's already been waiting a week, so I said a week more or so (thus up to 2-3 weeks). And I don't find it to be a joke, it is on the other side of the world...just be glad we can order them from around world .
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

1 week? Try 3 weeks in my case for international air to give my Turnigy lipos. Whata joke, i'll never do that again
yea I once had to wait 4 weeks for some aluminum part for one of my RC's I swear they used the slow boat from china to ship it.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
savycharlie

Great, just what i wanted to hear. Thanks for the information guys.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
t9dragon

I have had my flux for 5 days now and i still havent gotten to run it. I ordered them from hobby king over a week ago. Have you ordered batteries from them and it taken this long?
That is why I spend a little more for my lipos and get them from the LHS....
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Freezetron

I never do the 3 day (i'm cheap, and don't mind waiting) Best I do is the EMS express (bout a week or so, and 2nd fastest I think?). But most often I go for the standard air mail (2-4 weeks).

And to freeze, he's already been waiting a week, so I said a week more or so (thus up to 2-3 weeks). And I don't find it to be a joke, it is on the other side of the world...just be glad we can order them from around world .
Im impatient, I want my stuff now, so I prefer paying for faster shipping, especially if its on the other side of the world
Old 09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hmmm, spend $110+ on a SINGLE 2s Team Orion/Dynamite/Thunder Power lipo at LHS or get TWO Turnigy 2S lipos of equal or better specs for the same price, SHIPPED at HK. After my SMC experience, I know where I'm getting my Lipos
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM
savycharlie

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Trust me if i has an lhs i would give them about all of my buisness. I do not have an lhs within 70 miles of where i live...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
trickle007

I have ordered many of batteries from hobby king for my choppers and if you went with the cheapest shipping option you are going to wait a long time. Fastest i ever recieved my batteries using cheap shipping was 3weeks. If I where in your shoes i goto the lhs and pick up 2 nihm batteries for now cause it would kill me to have a car just sitting there i cant use lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.