Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

powering your servo and receiver with a lipo in a flux?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

powering your servo and receiver with a lipo in a flux?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 AM
sharkattack99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powering your servo and receiver with a lipo in a flux?

is it possible to use a reciver lipo to power my servo and and receiver? i just bought a new servo that will put out 486oz of torque at 7.4v but i think the MMM only lets it go to 6.0. and if possible how do you know if your receiver can handle it as well? or does that matter i know you have to have a voltage regular says so right on the lipo reciever battery what would be a good one to get me my 7.4 cause when there fully charged its like 8. somthing. and do these voltage regulars have a low voltage cut off? im just wondering would like to take full advange of the torque, it puts out 406 oz at 6.0 but why not try for the rest of the 80, lol.

and one more question would it be worth it?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:02 AM
etivac13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: powering your servo and receiver with a lipo in a flux?

spektrum rx can handle up to 9.6V...i've also tried using 7.2V nimh in my old futaba rx...it worked...but the voltage going to the servo is still limited to 6V...