Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

fuel tank

Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
wolfie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel tank

was out this morning with my xl after rebuilding my lrp engine doing some fine tuning and all was well until after i went to start it again then it would not run or idle properly and i noticed there was a hole in the top of the tank it wasnt there when i refueled it then it dawned on me cause this is the 3rd tank this has happened to......... i let go the recoil starter to fast and the handle has put a hole in the top of the tank, this time since i know whats doing it when i get my new tank im going to stick some foam to the top of the tank to stop this happening again hopefully
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 AM
B.T.D.T.

Default RE: fuel tank

I had the same problem too . Sometimes the pull cord snaps out of your hands too. I got a new tank and then I put a glob of JB weld on it to patch the tank. Not sure how it will hold up.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
steed2-inactive

i had a problem with the shock tower upper bolt/nut punching a hole through the tank...allthough that was some pretty hard bashing....i have backed it down a bit as the bank account can only handle so much!!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:32 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: steed2

i had a problem with the shock tower upper bolt/nut punching a hole through the tank...allthough that was some pretty hard bashing....i have backed it down a bit as the bank account can only handle so much!!
You must not be running an XL...
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
steed2-inactive

nope was an x
Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 AM
aussiexl59

i dont have those problems but i do break a few tank mounts.i love this tank,its a lot bigger,cost me heaps...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89325.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1499661