Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: So excited!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Red face So excited!

welp just ordered some new hopups for my sprint2 flux, and just had to share now i play the waiting game (warning: lots of pics will be posted ) also why is this hpi area so dead i cant be the only one to own a sprint 2 model on this forum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So I got some of the parts that I ordered and thought I'd show it off here are some pics of the progress.

So due to my noobiness I managed to week my car and decided a perfect chance to reverse engenier the car and learn the mechanical aspects of it and the first thing that had to go was the front diff.

Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	1916499
    After:

Views:	34 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	1916500

Next was the servo. I did some digging on google and was seeing what was a good switch from the regular puny one, and I finally came to the choice of a savöx 1258tg

Views:	33 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	1916501
    And to accompany the new metal gear I went with racers edge aluminum servo horn

Views:	28 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	1916502 (I know it's not supposed to be double sided, but I learned that a little to late . exchanging soon)

And with most of the car disassembled I figure I'd go crazy with zip ties.
    That's pretty much it, I'm only waiting for one more package with the rest of the parts. Here's a pic of them.

Views:	42 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	1916512
    Thats it for now until I break something else . but I do have a question in regards of the shocks that I've been thinking about.
    I'm pretty much on a budget (I think I speak for most) and well I've been wanting to raise the car up a bit, and the stock shock aren't height adjustable, or at least Idk how to. Anyway I thought of pulling out the shock down with the spring and fill the gap with a zip tie. Now my question is is this something that sounds like a good idea or am I just peeing in the wind and wasting zip ties? Here's a pic

Views:	40 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	1916513 Note: I also figure since the shock has less travel it would stiffen up everything. Anyways leave your thoughts please.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by driften240sx View Post
    .....why is this hpi area so dead i cant be the only one to own a sprint 2 model on this forum
    The forum has just had a major change and I think this is a new section...you have the first thread. No doubt other HPI users will find it eventually....

Regarding adding the cable ties to the shocks...you could do it like that I suppose..but...In that picture you have there, directly above the cable tie there is a ring with a little tab on it (maybe has a number on the tab), that is a preload spacer and they should be available in different thicknesses.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...46/8846_md.jpg
    When I die, I want to go in my sleep like my grandfather,not screaming
    like the passengers in his car at the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ohhhhhhh so that's what that tap does lol. Thanks for that bit of knowledge, but for now I think ill stick to the zip ties since my local hobby store is not very well stocked and are a bit shady on the prices and general customer help. I think ill try the ties out for a bit untill I can get the $$$ for a more permanent solution to this cars super low stance and thanks for stopping by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Follow up post. Finally got the last of my parts and can't wait to throw them on

Views:	42 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	1917476

If anyone knows of a good bearing set for the hpi sprint 2 flux, that would save me a ton of time of trying to hunt one down and greatly appreciate it
    "Wahhh tu tu tu tu"-blow off valve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    AHAHAHAH i love new parts. Lets see her! Any pics?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Welcome to the chaos
    http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...FYkWMgodHVMACA
    Found this as a listing for bearings. Boca is a very reputable company.